My Town

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastfairlane

Reaction score
My Car
My daily 1998 Fairmont l6ohc sedan
Wifes daily 2003 Fairmont Ghia l6 twin cam sedan
Toys 66Thunderbird hard top still LHD and 72 Mustang convertible RHD for Australian conditions also makes it a bit easier to drive on OZ roads
Hi all

I will start this thread and see what happens

we might get to understand each other better

Well my town is Marsden a suburb of Brisbane

the capital city of Queensland in Australia

Brisbane has a population of about 2 million and Marsden about 5000

in my area of Brisbane

we have

7 AM radio stations

12 FM radio stations

and 15 Digital stations

16 TV stations

numerous movie theatres

and one drive in The only one left

down from 10

Queensland is a tourist type place

with weather a bit like Florida

we get cyclones (hurricanes)

and have our wet season

in the summer months

we have some manufacturing industry here

but that not much

we make Mack trucks and Volvo trucks

we used to make Fairlanes and F 100s but thats all gone

in the tourist industry

we have Dream world (small version of Disney land)

Sea world numerous water parks

and Warner Bros Movie world

OK some one else can have a go now

thanks John

a bit of a joke now

What does McDonalds and the Australian Govt

have in common?

give up

they are both run by red headed clowns

Hi,

I hope its ok to add our little village to the thread. Affalterbach has approvimately 200 inhabitants and lies in the heart of the Hallertau:

Affalterbach map

We have a katholic church (after all, we are in Bavaria ;-), a pub that only opens on Sundays, a vet and a truck garage. And beside that, our area is well known as the worlds largest growing area for hop (the stuff you put into the beer :).

What I love is the quetness around here, but if you need parts on the weekend you are lost.

Regards, Manfred

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the city of Saint Peters, Missouri just outside of Saint Louis. The greater St. Louis area population is around 2.8M people while here in our little part we have about 53,000 residents.

St. Peters was named in Money Magazine's Top 100 places to live in the US where we placed 60th overall. This was the second time we made the list at the same spot! We did it before back in 2008!

We are fortunate in that we have a couple of different places to buy new and used Mustang parts! The closest spot is Midwest Mustangs in St Charles and then there is the Mustang Corral across the river! Gotta love it!

For fun we head over to Fast Lane Classic Cars and drool and on Friday's we head over to JJs Restaurant to hang out with a few dozen other classic car enthusiasts!

Without question, St Peters is a great place to live!

Mac

I live in Mesa Arizona. It's part of a group of cities that have grown together and are called 'The Valley of the Sun'. Most of the time when you pass from one city into the next they only way you know it is a sign that tells ya.

Less than 1/2 mile North of us is an Indian Reservation. About the same distance South is a little shop dedicated to selling parts for old mustangs. Super nice guy runs it, I think more of a hobby than a business. It's pretty small and has mostly repo parts. If he doesn't have it he will help you find it, even if it's in a catalog that you will go buy directly from.

There are millions of people living in 'The valley of the Sun'. We have one drive in theater. Countless radio stations.

Good thread!

I live in Warrenton, Virginia. It's about 50 miles southwest of Washington, D.C. Warrenton is considered to be "Horse Country" (live horses, not Mustangs) and a lot of agriculture. Very nice small town feel, but no movie theater (went out of business). We did get a Wal Mart several years ago, but there was a big protest against it. It's a great location to live, you can see the Blue Ridge Mountains, only about a 30 minute drive away. The Nation's Capital is less than hour away (non-rush hour). You can be at the beach on the Atlantic Ocean in about 3 1/2 hours. Plenty of fresh water lakes. I enjoy going to Lake Anna with my power boat, only about 45 minute drive. A lot of Civil War History in the area too; Manassas Battlefield is only about 25 minutes away. Anyway, you can find about any kind of store you need within a 5 to 30 minute drive, except for a good Mustang parts place!

http://warrentonva.gov/

Thanks Guys and gals

this is more like it

some more of the Aussie ones would be good too

keep up the good work

also one little whinge not really

when you name your state

can you spell it out as over here were

are not up with the shortened names

the rest

all good

John

Born in Bendigo 45 years ago and lived here ever since.

Bendigo is a city of around 100,000 people in the middle of the southernmost mainland state of Victoria. It began life as a result of the 1851 goldrush and was one of the richest goldfields in Australia (the worlds largest natural gold nugget was found about 30 miles away in a nearby town called Dunolly).

Tourist attractions are:

Central Deborah Goldmine, a 1.5 kilometer deep mine that does guided tours of it's open upper levels.

Bendigo Tramways - trams were regular transport between 1890 and 1972, but when the trams were discontinued one of the routes was kept open for tourism and the city still has trams running the lines from 90 years ago.

Golden Dragon Museum - a museum dedicated to the Chinese history in Bendigo from the gold rush days and houses the worlds longest Imperial Dragon Sun Loong. The city has an Easter carnival every year in which Sun Loong makes and appearance in the Easter Procession carried by a multitude of volunteers.

We have one movie theater, a couple of local radio stations, and a general temperature range from around -2°C (28°F) on a coldest winter night to 43°C (110°F) on a hottest summer day.

It's a great place to live, though maybe just a little boring at times.

2997847815_5b9e5ff4a2.jpg

3777068278_d7bc2eaf60.jpg

1.1305063630.bendigo-talking-tram.jpg

My town here in Wyoming has: 7,000 fantastic people, 20,000 cattle, 5,000 horses, 1 million Antelope, and 500 hungry Mountain Lions......(I hope they stick to the Antelope) Our community depends on Coal, Oil, and ranching....best place on earth! Now winters are tough though as it can go down to -40 below....summers rarely hit 95.

1z56v6f.jpg

2le2ww2.jpg

I live in Monument, Colorado, which is just north of Colorado Springs (about 10-15 minutes at highway speed). I'm close to the USAF Academy, my town has probably around 7,000 people and two 71-73 Mustangs that I know of. My aunt and uncle, who live just north of me, have three horses, so the BB Mustangs are outnumbered by just them! Monument has grown up quite a bit, but in 20 minutes I can be up in the Rocky Mountains in the middle of nowhere. 30 minutes to the east are the plains, in the middle of nowhere. I like it here.

I live in Monument, Colorado, which is just north of Colorado Springs (about 10-15 minutes at highway speed). I'm close to the USAF Academy, my town has probably around 7,000 people and two 71-73 Mustangs that I know of. My aunt and uncle, who live just north of me, have three horses, so the BB Mustangs are outnumbered by just them! Monument has grown up quite a bit, but in 20 minutes I can be up in the Rocky Mountains in the middle of nowhere. 30 minutes to the east are the plains, in the middle of nowhere. I like it here.
I remember visiting Estes Park when I was stationed at Lowry AFB, Alot different than my Smoky mountains but very nice.

I remember visiting Estes Park when I was stationed at Lowry AFB, Alot different than my Smoky mountains but very nice.
Haven't been to Estes Park yet. Spent last week working in Aspen and come home through the mountains. Beautiful. If you're into fly fishing, this is the place to be.

I live in Gastonia, North Carolina. Population of about 75,000. Town was originally built off of a railroad, most of which is unused now. Most of my town has pretty much shut down, and many people are losing there jobs. At one point Gastonia was a big manufacturing city. Many buildings are not updated, and still look like they are from the 50's (which I think is cool). Recently the city has decided to fix up alot of the old buildings in attempt to beautify the city, and it looks nice so far. We have a wal-mart on either end of town, with various dieing stores in between. We are about 20 minutes away from Charlotte, which most people know of because of the Nascar track. Moderate climate for the most part. Really cheap to live, you can find houses all day long for sale under $50,000 that are in decent shape. There are a few business that have lasted the years that everyone loves, one being R.O.'s BBQ, which sells their slaw all over the world. Tony's Ice Cream is also loved around here. They bottle the soda "Sundrop" here, which many people love and is now nationwide.

The towns pastime has always been crusing the main boulevard on Friday nights. Its died down recently but you can always catch some camaros and stangs getting some stoplight to stoplight action.

I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin. I'll admit I didn't know too many specifics about it and google is my friend. It is the 4th largest city in Wisconsin with a population just shy of 100,000. Kenosha is right along the west shore of Lake Michigan and is the most south eastern county in Wisconsin. It has a very strong Italian background and you can tell by all of the mom and pop Italian restaurants around town. Kenosha had an AMC plant up until the late 80s and Chrysler engine plant until recently. It is still very much a AMC/Chrysler town, in fact there was a huge AMC welcome home show a couple of weekends ago, which I missed. My grandpa actually worked for AMC/Chrysler for 25+ years. I think I have seen one 71-73 mustang here and I only saw it once.

That's about all I can think of.

My town Clinton Illinois is small 7500 in the middle of corn and soybean fields. At one time we had 11000. We have a nuke plant east of town and a decent lake.

The town was founded in 1835 and Abe Lincoln use to hang out here a lot.

We use to had several factory's but most are gone. If you want to make any money you work out of town 30 miles. It is a good place to live. Not much crime and low taxes. We have everything I need 2 grocery stores,6 bars,2 gas stations,8 restaurants,3 motels,1 theater. Not a lot to do but I don't get out much anyhow. The last weekend in September we have the apple and pork festival which brings in 100000 people.There's a couple of small car shows. The kids have been cruising the square for years. Quite a few hopped up cars around town. Go to link and click on the arrow(few pics)

http://illinoishomepage.net/ourtown-clinton#vmix_media_id=98372601

great thread!! and some amazing towns there folks

my little town called benton city...pop around 2500ish...lots of farm land...lots of hops!! matter of fact...i think 90% of all usa made beers and alot of imports are from are hops in this valley..that stretches from here too yakima...we are known for are apples,cherries,grapes and wines.....also about 60 miles from us is the famous hanford nucler site..where the first atom bombs was made and albert einstein even visted here during the making of are first reactors and visted are schools.

the pics im loading...is from on top of the mountain behind my house...from there you can see 3 valcano's in the far distance...use to be able to see 4 till mount saint helens blew its top...i was 8 years old when that happened...and i was outside riding my bike..my birthday was on may 9th...so i just got a new bike..and was outside riding it..when the ground shook..and a huge lightning bolt flew over..and the sky started turning the darkest prettiest blue towards the west..and by afternoon day time..it was pitch black!! ash clouds....got out of school for a week thou!! lmao...oppsss i had a flash back momment..hehe

Ok, time to ressurect this old thread.

Here's a nice aerial pic of our little town.

Burden is perched on top of a hill in the beautiful northern countryside of Luxembourg with its hills, creeks, castles and forests.

Those houses in the background are not part of it, it's only the houses spread in that rotor like shape on the hill, including those on the far right.

Now imagine it's 5 a.m. and all is quiet and I fire up the Mustang with the Edelbrock mufflers to drive to work. Yes, they all know me by now!

:)

From an administrative point of view Burden belongs to a bigger town called Erpeldange, but our village is physically separated from the rest of the community by its position on top of that hill and it takes a few minutes of driving to get to Erpeldange.

Besides, a four mile drive gets you to Ettelbruck that some of you history buffs might recognize as the place where General Patton had his headquarters during the battle of the bulge.

Ok, here's the pic now:

burden064.jpg

I live in springdale which is center of the northwest arkansas metroplex. Home of wal-mart, tyson foods, and of coarse the U of A razorbacks. Born and raised here I have seen the population explode over my 46 years so fast you can't keep track of it. I love it here but getting a bit crowded for my taste. Quickly turning into a hispanic community (I have no problem with this other than most need to learn the diff between MPH and KPH). I love the Ozark mountains and the lakes around here (very beautiful to me). I have seen it -21 deg and 117 deg so it is very seasonal.

I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin. I'll admit I didn't know too many specifics about it and google is my friend. It is the 4th largest city in Wisconsin with a population just shy of 100,000. Kenosha is right along the west shore of Lake Michigan and is the most south eastern county in Wisconsin. It has a very strong Italian background and you can tell by all of the mom and pop Italian restaurants around town. Kenosha had an AMC plant up until the late 80s and Chrysler engine plant until recently. It is still very much a AMC/Chrysler town, in fact there was a huge AMC welcome home show a couple of weekends ago, which I missed. My grandpa actually worked for AMC/Chrysler for 25+ years. I think I have seen one 71-73 mustang here and I only saw it once.

That's about all I can think of.
J there was one other 72 mach 1 back in the early 80's that is now mine. Your right, even back then I think mine was the only one in town. We used to cruise the lakeshore every summer night. Down through the harbor and along the park (Pettit Park??) where they have CohoRama. Then we would head down Sheridan Road south and repeat. Good days back then. I still have family up there and try to get back once or twice a year. I do have to say there is no replacement for Valeo's or Infusino pizza and Pielli's bakery.

Latest posts

Back