FMX issue

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notsotalkativebob

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang hardtop 351c 2v
Ok on my 72 mustang now i can put it into gear and hear it go into gear but push gas and may move inches at a time or will barley move. Think one time it started to smoke under the car. was going to 5 speed swap it but my donor car is about to have to be my daily for issue with wifes truck till i have time to fix it.any idea or suggestion would be great. Im decent mechanically but not good with automatic transmission. Thanks. 1972 351c-fmx.

Ok on my 72 mustang now i can put it into gear and hear it go into gear but push gas and may move inches at a time or will barley move. Think one time it started to smoke under the car. was going to 5 speed swap it but my donor car is about to have to be my daily for issue with wifes truck till i have time to fix it.any idea or suggestion would be great. Im decent mechanically but not good with automatic transmission. Thanks. 1972 351c-fmx.
Start with the basics. The FMX is very sensitive to fluid level. Check the transmission fluid.

Smoke is never a good sign but it could simply be the result of a leak which goes back to my first point.

^ agree with the above, check your fluid levels. I had a trans rebuilt a few years ago, the shop did not refill the torque converter and it gave the exact same symptoms until they finally checked the fluid level and topped it off.

Good luck

Tom

Sorry about the late replys work alot of long shifts but ill double-triple check tomorrow the fluild tomorrow if im off. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back