Exhaust sound clips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I remember others asking about starting a thread about this but haven't found anything in a search. I'm trying to decide on my final exhaust. My setup is a 408C EFI with FPA headers. The rest is TBD but I'm leaning toward a 2.5" exhaust with X pipe going into either Pypes street pros or Spintech street pros. I had Spintechs on my 383 in a 95 Caprice which sounded pretty good but I know different engines mean different sounds. Just wanted to see what others are using and if anyone has sound clips to post. Thanks

Both sound very good. Eric, I'd love to hear yours from a take off or a casual rolling through the gears. I'd really like to keep this thread going this time and capture as much data as possible to all as an example.

It's really good that you guys included what your setup is for a more accurate description as to what to expect!

Both sound very good. Eric, I'd love to hear yours from a take off or a casual rolling through the gears. I'd really like to keep this thread going this time and capture as much data as possible to all as an example.

It's really good that you guys included what your setup is for a more accurate description as to what to expect!
I don't know when I'll be able to make that happen.  I'm that guy that usually falls victim to taking pictures and whatnot of all my buddies, but usually gets left out when it's time to capture mine.  I'll definitely see what I can do, though.  :cool:

I don't know when I'll be able to make that happen.  I'm that guy that usually falls victim to taking pictures and whatnot of all my buddies, but usually gets left out when it's time to capture mine.  I'll definitely see what I can do, though.  :cool:
Sounds good man.

Those video clips Kevin put up are bad-ass!  Nice job!   :bravo:

Here's mine.  351C-2V with Edelbrock Performer intake & 600 carb, mild port & polish on 2V heads, Ceramic coated Hooker headers, Pypes 2.5" stainless with X-pipe running though Pypes Street Pro mufflers.

Hope it helps.

http://www.mister4x4.net/cars/Mach_1/Frankenstang_20180928.mp4?_=1
AHHH MAN :)  awesome sound. Hope mine sounds like that. Is the cam stock or?
Thanks! 

The cam is not stock - it's a mid-range CompCams unit, I stopped short of getting into the lumpy idle/race cam section. 

In fact, here are pretty much all the engine specs:

-- .060" bores w/9.5:1 Keith Black hypereutectic flat-top pistons

-- CompCams Roller cam 274/274 w.566" lift (.218/.218 @.050" on 110 lobes)

-- CompCams Hi-Energy Roller "Everything" (1.73 Rockers, lifters, rods, rod guides)

-- Crane Cams screw-in 7/16" rocker studs

-- Edelbrock Performer intake

-- Edelbrock Performer 600CFM carb

-- magnafluxed, balanced & blueprinted by machine shop

-- 3-angle valve job & hardened seats (rebuilt the stock 2V heads w/mild port & polish)

-- Chrome 'stock' oil pan

-- Edelbrock valve covers

-- Holley "Black" electric fuel pump

-- Duraspark ignition w/Accel Super Coil & 8mm wires

-- Hooker Competition Ceramic-coated Long-Tube Headers

-- Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust w/X-pipe

-- Pypes Street Pro mufflers with 2.5" polished slash tips

Hope that helps!

Here's mine.  351C-2V with Edelbrock Performer intake & 600 carb, mild port & polish on 2V heads, Ceramic coated Hooker headers, Pypes 2.5" stainless with X-pipe running though Pypes Street Pro mufflers.

Hope it helps.

http://www.mister4x4.net/cars/Mach_1/Frankenstang_20180928.mp4?_=1
AHHH MAN :)  awesome sound. Hope mine sounds like that. Is the cam stock or?
Thanks! 

The cam is not stock - it's a mid-range CompCams unit, I stopped short of getting into the lumpy idle/race cam section. 

In fact, here are pretty much all the engine specs:

-- .060" bores w/9.5:1 Keith Black hypereutectic flat-top pistons

-- CompCams Roller cam 274/274 w.566" lift (.218/.218 @.050" on 110 lobes)

-- CompCams Hi-Energy Roller "Everything" (1.73 Rockers, lifters, rods, rod guides)

-- Crane Cams screw-in 7/16" rocker studs

-- Edelbrock Performer intake

-- Edelbrock Performer 600CFM carb

-- magnafluxed, balanced & blueprinted by machine shop

-- 3-angle valve job & hardened seats (rebuilt the stock 2V heads w/mild port & polish)

-- Chrome 'stock' oil pan

-- Edelbrock valve covers

-- Holley "Black" electric fuel pump

-- Duraspark ignition w/Accel Super Coil & 8mm wires

-- Hooker Competition Ceramic-coated Long-Tube Headers

-- Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust w/X-pipe

-- Pypes Street Pro mufflers with 2.5" polished slash tips

Hope that helps!
Thank you,

I appreciate you taking the time to send that info!

Rod

This is an awesome thread, I'm eager to hear more.

I'd offer mine but it's just a very tired motor with a worn out cam and an extremely bad exhaust leak.

So it sounds pretty bad right now.

This is an awesome thread, I'm eager to hear more.

I'd offer mine but it's just a very tired motor with a worn out cam and an extremely bad exhaust leak.

So it sounds pretty bad right now.
Agreed, unfortunately I won't be able to contribute until I get my motor in. Which will be soon...

Back