Headliner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statcoy

Reaction score
My Car
302 1971 Mustang Coupe
Just tryna restore it
Is there anyway I can install a headliner without removing the windshields ? I live where its constantly raining and don't want to take a chance of messing anything up ! 71 Coupe 302

Ive done it but its rather tricky. I used many clips to keep tension on the headliner.

I know when I bought my car and removed the headliner, somebody installed it without rolling over the windshield/rear window ledge and it looked good. I think really good glue, lots of small spring clamps, and finding as many "Cheater" points you can use to hold it. They tucked the headliner under the rear window gasket. You might have to re-set some ends sometimes but I think it's doable. Good luck! :cool:

Headliner on a coupe is tough, since it wraps around three of the four sides of the rear glass. Front windscreen can be left in, as the headliner wraps around a lip "below" the window.

Super low buck idea is to tape plastic sheeting over the rear of the car to keep water out while you do the work.

My garage is small, so I have an EZ-UP portable shelter that I use for when the weather is crummy or the sun is too hot.

Lots of great suggestions here, I ended up installing the TMI one-piece headliner that I got for a gift. They are pricey but not to hard to install at all. Mine is a Fastback though and not sure if they make one for a coupe. Good luck.

Tom

Is there anyway I can install a headliner without removing the windshields ? I live where its constantly raining and don't want to take a chance of messing anything up ! 71 Coupe 302
If you do decide to give it a shot please post lots of pictures. I'm in the same boat you're in and I'm worried about pulling the glass off.
Mike

I'm just fixin' to get ready to start to get going.

Thanks everyone for the advice ! After putting the rods back in I realized I was out of my league ? so I am just going to pay someone to do it

Thanks everyone for the advice ! After putting the rods back in I realized I was out of my league ? so I am just going to pay someone to do it
Don`t feel bad, I wound up doing the same thing-that job  is not for everybody.

Back