• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 Cobra Jet Mustang - SOLD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Cobra Jet

Selling my 1971 CJR 429 Ram Air (J-code) Mustang Mach One (05)

Automatic, A/C, power disc brakes, power steering. 

Car needs full restoration, but is very complete. Car had not run in many years, and I am slowly bringing it back to running and driving condition.  

Engine runs well, transmission was rebuilt by previous owner and it shifts good. Power disc brakes just repaired and also work well.

Non original 1970 429 is installed with C-6 trans. 

Solid floors, frame rails are good, will need trunk floor and right rear trunk floor extension. Rust repair needed under battery tray on front right inner fender. Front fender, doors, rear end and driveshaft are from 1972 parts car. Rest of car is solid, not a very rusty car, good starting point for a restoration.

New

what is the formula for aluminum chloride

Lots new parts:

New hi performance cam and lifters

New high volume oil pump

New water pump

New fan clutch

New radiator

New Autolite carb

New fuel pump

New fuel tank

New fuel tank sender

New high volume oil pump

New brake master cylinder

New brake booster

New spark plugs

New ignition wires

New distributor cap and rotor

New starter

New hood front edge trim

New Ram Air hood

New pop-open gas cap

New driver side outside door handle

New engine oil and filter

New trans fluid and filter, trans was rebuilt by prior owner

New start switch

New voltage regulator

New electronic ignition distributor 

New high voltage ignition coil

New head light switch

New KYB shock absorbers

New dash pad

New carpet

Car is in primer, pretty straight, looks presentable. Clear title. 

Was going to restore car but just too busy at work, and too many car projects!

Will keep working on car as time permits, and will keep updating this ad.

If not sold soon I will send the car in for paint and bodywork, probably in June.

Car is located in Miami, FL.

$20,000 obo

Thanks, Fred, (AKA “Single Poster”), (AKA “Fading Poster).

Last edited by a moderator:
Also besides the pics. Forum rules state you are to post a price. This is not an auction site. Since other long time members have been called out on this I thought I would do the same here.

Also besides the pics. Forum rules state you are to post a price. This is not an auction site. Since other long time members have been called out on this I thought I would do the same here.
Maybe he updated but I see $20.000 as price.
It shows as updated shortly after my post.

I have given you guys hundreds of annoying posts. Proof I have realism, a life here among friends and something to say.... here we have single post user

...Does any one smell anything brown, soft and squidgy ?  :whistling:

My first thoughts, too. First post, no introductions, and wants one of us to fork over 20K, and no eBay insurance on this one.

It doesn’t smell bad to me. He’s been a member since May. Just hasn’t posted. I bet there are some forum members in Florida who can take a look and report

Of course, I would not send this guy a money order. But if I was in the market and had the cash, I would without hesitation start working a deal with him. Once the particulars were spelled out, I’m confident it would soon be clear if real or a phony.

I take it back - we have pics - forgive me CJ... we do get some scammers sometimes. They make Rocketfoot go all muscular, turn green and tear his shirts. :p

hmmm not bad - is that 02 or 05 body? ...just looking at gas cap and no honeycomb

Thanks for the update Don. Very good info, but boy, it sure brings back extremely bad memories for me! I get sick just thinking how bad I felt when I realized I had been duped by that mthrfxchhgpeesofsheeet from Russia, or wherever he was from!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful out there. These guys are really good at playing on our emotions/obsessions with these classic cars! Thank God I bought this car through Ebay and got every penny back. They are golden in my book after that experience.

If you get a funny feeling about a deal being sketchy and there is a pic...do a google image search. It often will find other places that image was or is being used. You can then contact those people to find out more. Not sure if anyone mentioned this previously

Interesting how this one just kind of faded away, no further posts from "seller".
Fading poster (aka seller) still has car for sale, and will keep updating first classified for sale post...

With it a non matching numbers car it is more or less a resto mod and worth no where near what a matching is. Remember the one a member bought off ebay that did not need restoring and was complete for $27,500 I think. The grabber green Japan model.
Still for sale, just bought new dash pad and carpet for it...

That seems to have shut everybody up. Probably is a nice car. 

Back