Shifter rebuild question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrxerox

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach One
Hello gang,

I installed new bushings in a used shifter I purchased and everything is solid except the locking tab does not seat all the way down in the key index. Is there an adjustment or fix for this? Thanks in advance...

image upload

There's a video on West Coast Classic Cougar about rebuilding your automatic shifter. You probably are missing (as most of us) the blue diffuser and the black plate to cover the light. I ordered the needed parts from them and everything is good and tight!

Same here, I purchased the bushings, diffuser, and black plate. Only issue is that even with the new diffuser installed, I still see a white light at night

Same here, I purchased the bushings, diffuser, and black plate. Only issue is that even with the new diffuser installed, I still see a white light at night
You can use a blue or green LED bulb! Mine's green and I love it!
Got a link to the bulb you used?

You can use a blue or green LED bulb! Mine's green and I love it!
Got a link to the bulb you used?
I bought the Elite set from "Hi-Po Parts.com" which includes every interior light bulb for the dash, but individual bulbs are available!

Back