New to the forum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
Hi, new here, just acquired a '72 Mach 1 dark green in color.    Have been out of the "classic car" world for about 5 years after getting rid of my last Amc, a 1968 amx.   This time around I wanted to go Ford as all my DD are Fords, including my 2014 Mustang, so it needed a stable mate.  I know this time "restoration', to whatever level I bring it, will be MUCH easier than the AMC cars as there are so many parts, both original and repro available for the stangs.  That was not the case with AMC.  I will tackle some of the cosmetic restorations myself on my new ride and hope to find a local shop to do mechanicals.  While all 3 of my AMC cars were concours award winners at several shows (like Hilton Head) this time around I am just going for a clean driver.  I will post some pics when I get it out of the garage if it ever stops raining here in GA.

Welcome from Illinois! Yes, please - pics of both the Mustang and AMX.

Welcome from Ohio

While there may be more parts for the Mustangs VS AMC's  - a lot of 71-3 parts are not being made

Do not throw anything away until you are sure you can get a replacement

Welcome from Oklahoma. I admire someone with the determination to do a concours restoration on any AMC. I really like the 1968-69 AMX and 1967 343 American.

Chuck

Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Good luck with your new car and like Don said, don’t throw anything out. They make most everything for the 70 stangs and earlier, but not nearly as much for the 71-73’s.

Welcome from West Texas.  I'm with everybody else - can't wait to see 'em both! ::thumb::

Welcome from Idaho. 

As stated earlier in the post. Keep every part cause lots of 71-73 parts dont have a aftermarket part being made. 

I also thought from these big stacks of mail order catalogs that part gotta be there............Nope.

Send some pics, we all like to have a look see :)

Machattack

Welcome from Western North Carolina to the forum.

Since you are in North Georgia there is a great Mustang club there you can hook up with. They have the longest running Mustang show each year in Maggie Valley, N.C. in the fall. It is the N.E. Georgia Mustang Club here is link to their info for the Maggie Valley event. I had two cars there last year. http://negeorgiamustangclub.org/maggie-valley-2019/

You might want to check out the PITS, Ponies In The Smokies show coming up in March I thing the dates are March 25 - 28. There will be an inside display with a Mustang for each year. Two of our members will have cars in the display so a great place to come view them. It is in Sevierville, Tenn..

There is also an outside show for anyone to enter there will be around 1,000 Mustangs there. 

Hope you can make both events and meet up with other members there.

Back