Cut hoses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statcoy

Reaction score
My Car
302 1971 Mustang Coupe
Just tryna restore it
I have more cut hises. What's the missing hose that comes off the engine the one that looks like a cross its missing the center hose. Also there is a green plug that seems to be missing something. And there is one by the drivers hood hinge I think it might be windshield washer stuff 

Looks like windshield washer hose. The piece broken is probably from a tee. If it is near the washer reservoir then it might be the nipple from the pump. The one on the engine that is plugged could be for the heat - a/c controls or it just might be a vacuum port not used. The one by the hinge is more than likely washer also, Do you have the spray nozzles on the bottom of the hood. Should be line going from washer to driver side to passenger side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does the other end of the one you're holding go to? The plugged hose on the vacuum tree might be part of the emissions and distributor advance. Download the vacuum diagrams for your year and see if you can find the correct one for your car, and that matches what items, like ported vacuum switches and distributor advance your engine has:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacuum-hose-diagrams?pid=246021#pid246021

Where does the other end of the one you're holding go to? The plugged hose on the vacuum tree might be part of the emissions and distributor advance. Download the vacuum diagrams for your year and see if you can find the correct one for your car, and that matches what items, like ported vacuum switches and distributor advance your engine has:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-vacuum-hose-diagrams?pid=246021#pid246021
Its coming out of the fire wall drivers side from a bundle of wires, the inside of that plug or what ever it is green if that helps lol

Looks like windshield washer hose.  The piece broken is probably from a tee.  If it is near the washer reservoir then it might be the nipple from the pump. The one on the engine that is plugged could be for the heat - a/c controls or it just might be a vacuum port not used.  The one by the hinge is more than likely washer also,  Do you have the spray nozzles on the bottom of the hood.  Should be line going from washer to driver side to passenger side.
A lot my hoses and stuff are cut off ill double check

Back