• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Seat Cover Value?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach1
What might the value of these original seat covers be? They are overall in VG condition. Very minor vinyl cracking in only a couple of spots. No rips or tears. Foam seems in good condition. There are some rust stains where they were in contact with metal for so long. 

I know you can't get the center comfort weave sections anymore, and that some buy these just to stitch the centers into the reproductions. 

What would you do?? Sell them, keep them as they are boxed up, or invest some $$ into having them restored since they don't need a lot? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the comfort weave material is not available you could never replace them. The vinyl is available or was I believe from SMS upholstery in Oregon. Link for them. https://smsautofabrics.com/

I bought a set off ebay for my convertible for like $65.00 for fronts and same for rear. They were Ginger comfort weave and were in great shape. Do not know why they took them off. 

The value is what someone will pay for them. 

I would check on the availability of the material and get a sample to compare to yours. If a good match I would use them.

Agree with the above: save and reuse! The rust spots seem mostly limited to areas you won't see normally, and *real* Comfortweave is nearly priceless. Unless you're changing your interior color, I'd say they're a keeper.

When I was cleaning up the 73 vert that had sat for 27 years I tried everything to clean the comfort weave and vinyl. I use Blue Coral cleaner. All household cleaners and ended up using lacquer thinner and a tooth brush and then wiping with clean cloths. That was the only thing I found that got the grim off door panels and seats both.

If they have the white comfort weave let me know they were out last I tried to get.

When I was cleaning up the 73 vert that had sat for 27 years I tried everything to clean the comfort weave and vinyl. I use Blue Coral cleaner. All household cleaners and ended up using lacquer thinner and a tooth brush and then wiping with clean cloths. That was the only thing I found that got the grim off door panels and seats both.

If they have the white comfort weave let me know they were out last I tried to get.
David, 

They have the White Comfort Weave in stock for the low, low price of $179 per yard. ;-)

I have to admit, the stuff is bang-on compared to the originals. 

Back