Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Still no word on the rear sway bar. It’s all on hold for now due to the virus. But I did take my car for a drive yesterday with the rear sway bar on that doesn’t really fit that good. I also have a new 1 1/8 front sway bar and new Excell 2 shocks front and back too. Wow, what a difference! It really corners much, much better. No sliding or hopping like it was, the wheels seem to stay planted much better. Steering seems a bit more responsive with the reduced body roll. Nice ride from the new shocks too. So I am very happy with this set up so far, still need to drive it some more, but it is way better than before.

 John, that's great that you feel the road better. That was my experience too. I still have to picture my rear bar for you, but it should look the same as yours. 

Instead of taking the Mustang out yesterday, i went for a short 10 mile bike (as in bicycle) ride, first of the year, but kind of wish i'd done both. Instead, I did yard work!

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s the latest update. I just finally heard back from my contact at Addco. I had texted him about a week ago to see what was going on but never heard back till today. He was on vacation. Anyway,

John, that's good news, but can you ask them for TWO, in case one doesn't fit!! Then send the extra one to me!! Perhaps Addco should do a buy back deal for us as they got it wrong in the first pl

I received the new and my original back yesterday. It looks more like the original one. They did keep it at 7/8 diameter. It pretty much just looks like they made the mounting area wider, so there sho

Posted Images

Still no word on the rear sway bar. It’s all on hold for now due to the virus. But I did take my car for a drive yesterday with the rear sway bar on that doesn’t really fit that good. I also have a new 1 1/8 front sway bar and new Excell 2 shocks front and back too. Wow, what a difference! It really corners much, much better. No sliding or hopping like it was, the wheels seem to stay planted much better. Steering seems a bit more responsive with the reduced body roll. Nice ride from the new shocks too. So I am very happy with this set up so far, still need to drive it some more, but it is way better than before.

 John, that's great that you feel the road better. That was my experience too. I still have to picture my rear bar for you, but it should look the same as yours. 

Instead of taking the Mustang out yesterday, i went for a short 10 mile bike (as in bicycle) ride, first of the year, but kind of wish i'd done both. Instead, I did yard work!

Ya, it’s like my car is new again! I had to really pay attention to everything I did suspension wise and I’m testing what I had to redo engine wise too. So hopefully it’s just time to have fun with it. But I will have to change out the rear bars when they are able to make me a new one.

 I did some yard work the day before so I had time to go for a drive. I can’t ride a bike anymore, so I just cruise in the car.  :)

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no word on the rear sway bar. It’s all on hold for now due to the virus. But I did take my car for a drive yesterday with the rear sway bar on that doesn’t really fit that good. I also have a new 1 1/8 front sway bar and new Excell 2 shocks front and back too. Wow, what a difference! It really corners much, much better. No sliding or hopping like it was, the wheels seem to stay planted much better. Steering seems a bit more responsive with the reduced body roll. Nice ride from the new shocks too. So I am very happy with this set up so far, still need to drive it some more, but it is way better than before.

 John, that's great that you feel the road better. That was my experience too. I still have to picture my rear bar for you, but it should look the same as yours. 

Instead of taking the Mustang out yesterday, i went for a short 10 mile bike (as in bicycle) ride, first of the year, but kind of wish i'd done both. Instead, I did yard work!

Ya, it’s like my car is new again! I had to really pay attention to everything I did suspension wise and I’m testing what I had to redo engine wise too. So hopefully it’s just time to have fun with it. But I will have to change out the rear bars when they are able to make me a new one.

 I did some yard work the day before so I had time to go for a drive. I can’t ride a bike anymore, so I just cruise in the car.  :)

 Now I have the Traction-Loc diff, I to want to get out and "test drive" it along with the suspension upgrades I did. I know I need to break in that diff before I get too rammy on corners, but hopefully I can in a few weeks.

When Addco finally get around to correcting the rear sway bar, I'm in for one too. Do you think they'll do an exchange?

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 John, that's great that you feel the road better. That was my experience too. I still have to picture my rear bar for you, but it should look the same as yours. 

Instead of taking the Mustang out yesterday, i went for a short 10 mile bike (as in bicycle) ride, first of the year, but kind of wish i'd done both. Instead, I did yard work!

Ya, it’s like my car is new again! I had to really pay attention to everything I did suspension wise and I’m testing what I had to redo engine wise too. So hopefully it’s just time to have fun with it. But I will have to change out the rear bars when they are able to make me a new one.

 I did some yard work the day before so I had time to go for a drive. I can’t ride a bike anymore, so I just cruise in the car.  :)

 Now I have the Traction-Loc diff, I to want to get out and "test drive" it along with the suspension upgrades I did. I know I need to break in that diff before I get too rammy on corners, but hopefully I can in a few weeks.

When Addco finally get around to correcting the rear sway bar, I'm in for one too. Do you think they'll do an exchange?

Not really sure Geoff, I guess at this point I will be happy that they stay in business.

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, it’s like my car is new again! I had to really pay attention to everything I did suspension wise and I’m testing what I had to redo engine wise too. So hopefully it’s just time to have fun with it. But I will have to change out the rear bars when they are able to make me a new one.

 I did some yard work the day before so I had time to go for a drive. I can’t ride a bike anymore, so I just cruise in the car.  :)

 Now I have the Traction-Loc diff, I to want to get out and "test drive" it along with the suspension upgrades I did. I know I need to break in that diff before I get too rammy on corners, but hopefully I can in a few weeks.

When Addco finally get around to correcting the rear sway bar, I'm in for one too. Do you think they'll do an exchange?

Not really sure Geoff, I guess at this point I will be happy that they stay in business.

Hope so. Many businesses will fail I'm afraid. Damn Chinese had this planned to wipe out the world's economy.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jpaz!! Any updates on the rear sway bar from Addco??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jpaz!! Any updates on the rear sway bar from Addco??

 

I sent a text to them earlier this week. They are waiting on raw materials to come in. Still not sure about an ETA. Hopefully not too much longer.

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, thank you. I'll keep following this thread for any updates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

So here’s the latest update. I just finally heard back from my contact at Addco. I had texted him about a week ago to see what was going on but never heard back till today. He was on vacation. Anyway, they still have my original bar and it has been all measured up. They are still waiting on materials to make them. He told me two more weeks till they get the steel. They are having a hell of a time with that cause of the virus. He also did say thanks for my patience and they are sending me a bar for free when they get them made. We’ll see 

  • Like 1

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the update please take pics and post them up when it comes in and let us know the details when you install it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

John, that's good news, but can you ask them for TWO, in case one doesn't fit!! Then send the extra one to me!!

Perhaps Addco should do a buy back deal for us as they got it wrong in the first place. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Stanglover
  • LOL 1

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stanglover said:

John, that's good news, but can you ask them for TWO, in case one doesn't fit!! Then send the extra one to me!!

Perhaps Addco should do a buy back deal for us as they got it wrong in the first place. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

I’ll try Geoff, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for to long, lol. He did say that they are really hurting because of the virus. I was getting kinda worried because they didn’t respond to my last couple of text messages. But the guy I deal with was on vacation. I will see if they can maybe offer some kind of discount for guys like you that had already got one. Or maybe they can offer us a discount for guys from this site. He knows I belong to an online Mustang group, so maybe I can get them to help us out somehow. We’ll have to see how this new bar turns out. Hopefully they will make the diameter smaller than the 7/8” one that we bought. I recommended 5/8” to 3/4” at the biggest. I told them that the 429 cars had a 5/8” bar from the factory, so a 3/4” diameter would be plenty big enough in my opinion. We’ll see what they come up with. Hopefully something better than the one they sell now.

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rio1856 said:

Thank you for the update please take pics and post them up when it comes in and let us know the details when you install it. 

Will do that for sure!

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jpaz said:

I’ll try Geoff, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for to long, lol. He did say that they are really hurting because of the virus. I was getting kinda worried because they didn’t respond to my last couple of text messages. But the guy I deal with was on vacation. I will see if they can maybe offer some kind of discount for guys like you that had already got one. Or maybe they can offer us a discount for guys from this site. He knows I belong to an online Mustang group, so maybe I can get them to help us out somehow. We’ll have to see how this new bar turns out. Hopefully they will make the diameter smaller than the 7/8” one that we bought. I recommended 5/8” to 3/4” at the biggest. I told them that the 429 cars had a 5/8” bar from the factory, so a 3/4” diameter would be plenty big enough in my opinion. We’ll see what they come up with. Hopefully something better than the one they sell now.

I know my springs are crap and I do need to change them next year (hopefully), but I find my car handles really well with the 7/8" bar I have on it now. I would have no problem with that diameter if it fitted better at the frame mount points and lined up better with the shock mounts. Just my opinion, but as the current bar is possibly made to (sort of) fit a few different vehicles, I might still trust their engineering knowledge as to what is best for a Mustang with comp suspension. I would agree, a standard suspension car might only need a 5/8" bar should an owner wish to fit one.

And yes, it would be very nice to be offered some sort of deal to Forum members. No, I'm NOT holding my breath on this one either.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 2:42 PM, Stanglover said:

I know my springs are crap and I do need to change them next year (hopefully), but I find my car handles really well with the 7/8" bar I have on it now. I would have no problem with that diameter if it fitted better at the frame mount points and lined up better with the shock mounts. Just my opinion, but as the current bar is possibly made to (sort of) fit a few different vehicles, I might still trust their engineering knowledge as to what is best for a Mustang with comp suspension. I would agree, a standard suspension car might only need a 5/8" bar should an owner wish to fit one.

And yes, it would be very nice to be offered some sort of deal to Forum members. No, I'm NOT holding my breath on this one either.

If the one you have now is workable and they offer a new bar, I may be interested in getting your current one off you. Especially since your also in Canada so shipping wouldnt be as scary lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MKSpeedlab said:

If the one you have now is workable and they offer a new bar, I may be interested in getting your current one off you. Especially since your also in Canada so shipping wouldnt be as scary lol. 

Yeah well don't hole your breath!  BUT if miracles happen, I'll keep you in mind. I'm pretty sure more will be posted on this later.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like your new bar is a 1970 bar.

 

 

1B868E20-5ACB-4E2B-8F7B-5320A389F00B.jpeg
 

 

66AE5C1A-650C-4466-9526-BCE3C3B1CE02.jpeg

Edited by Danoh1

Link to my 72 Q code: pics added 2/16/19

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/28719/88030-2

 

Link to my now sold 72 H.O

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/5858

 

My 70 Boss racecar

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/6520

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Danoh1 said:

Looks like your new bar is a 1970 bar.

 

 

1B868E20-5ACB-4E2B-8F7B-5320A389F00B.jpeg
 

 

66AE5C1A-650C-4466-9526-BCE3C3B1CE02.jpeg

I'll chime in here too. I think you're right and yet another example of "one-size-fits-all".  It's that "well it should fit" approach that screws us way too many times, costing us time and money, but hey, they made a sale so who cares.

Jpaz,  a quick piggy back update. I ordered a set of Eaton Boss 351 152 lb springs. If you missed the update on the Eaton video post, I called Eaton and they have a distributor in Windsor. The springs have to be made to order, but I should have them in about 3 weeks. At least I know they will fit!! 

Edited by Stanglover

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Stanglover said:

I'll chime in here too. I think you're right and yet another example of "one-size-fits-all".  It's that "well it should fit" approach that screws us way too many times, costing us time and money, but hey, they made a sale so who cares.

Jpaz,  a quick piggy back update. I ordered a set of Eaton Boss 351 152 lb springs. If you missed the update on the Eaton video post, I called Eaton and they have a distributor in Windsor. The springs have to be made to order, but I should have them in about 3 weeks. At least I know they will fit!! 

That’s cool Geoff, glad there’s a distributor there. I am thinking about doing the same. Will be waiting to hear how you like them. Do the Boss springs have a heavier spring rate? I’m sure they probably do and I bet they fit like a glove. Hope it works out good for you.

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jpaz said:

That’s cool Geoff, glad there’s a distributor there. I am thinking about doing the same. Will be waiting to hear how you like them. Do the Boss springs have a heavier spring rate? I’m sure they probably do and I bet they fit like a glove. Hope it works out good for you.

Hi John, Yes the Boss 351 springs are rated at 152.5 lbs compared to 138 stock on the Mach 1 and 429. I will for sure update when I get them in a couple of weeks. I also ordered new U bolts. The leaf spring material thickness I'm told is thicker at 5/16" compared to1/4" stock.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I’m surprised that the 429 cars didn’t get the heavy weight springs too. I guess I’ll wait to see how you like the stiffer spring on your car. Good luck with your install!

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jpaz said:

Hmmm, I’m surprised that the 429 cars didn’t get the heavy weight springs too. I guess I’ll wait to see how you like the stiffer spring on your car. Good luck with your install!

 

Boss 351s were in a class of their own. The factory leaf springs also sat the car a little lower in the rear from what I've read. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, Hemikiller said:

 

Boss 351s were in a class of their own. The factory leaf springs also sat the car a little lower in the rear from what I've read. 

Hemikiller and jpaz, I guess I'll find out. I'm told the free arc is the same as the 138 lbs springs. Eaton do make 1" longer shackles which I will buy if the ride height is a bit lower than I like, so there is an option. As for a harder ride, the GTA's I have on now are supposed to be 175 lb s/r and that being the case, the Boss springs will be a little softer. With the heavy anti-sway bar and the KYB's (which might get changed next year) I don't find the ride horrible at all. In fact I prefer a stiffer, better handling car to one that feels like it's floating around.

I'll be sure to update once I get the springs in a couple of weeks....I hope.

Edited by Stanglover

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hemikiller said:

 

Boss 351s were in a class of their own. The factory leaf springs also sat the car a little lower in the rear from what I've read. 

Not quite...

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got a really nice, and I guess surprising text message from Addco today. The guy that I have been in contact with asked me for my address, so I sent it to him. About 10 minutes later he sends me a pic of the box with new and old sway bars in it. I should receive it by Friday I guess. 
I am really looking forward to seeing what they came up with. He didn’t send me a pic of the new one, so I’ll have to see how it looks when it gets here. I will post some pics of it when it arrives. I still can’t believe that they did all this. I get a free bar and they paid for all the shipping! Took awhile but it was understandable.

John - 72 Q Code

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...