• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here’s the latest update. I just finally heard back from my contact at Addco. I had texted him about a week ago to see what was going on but never heard back till today. He was on vacation. Anyway,

John, that's good news, but can you ask them for TWO, in case one doesn't fit!! Then send the extra one to me!! Perhaps Addco should do a buy back deal for us as they got it wrong in the first pl

I received the new and my original back yesterday. It looks more like the original one. They did keep it at 7/8 diameter. It pretty much just looks like they made the mounting area wider, so there sho

Posted Images

Thank you for the update!! Looking forward to the pics and your evaluation of the new bar.

John, that's awesome. Let's hope they have come up with a correct fit for our year cars. Do they realize that they will be flooded with request for replacements? I'll be in line for sure.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

I received the new and my original back yesterday. It looks more like the original one. They did keep it at 7/8 diameter. It pretty much just looks like they made the mounting area wider, so there should be no more issues with the mounts being jammed into the bends of the bar. Anyway, it looks like it will definitely fit better. Here’s a pic of the new one next to the original.

80A8A837-78A4-4B00-8A52-533E03353547.jpeg

• Like 1

John - 72 Q Code

Thanks jpaz!!! It looks like they got it right!! I will be contacting them for one. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, jpaz said:

Ok, I did ask where to get them from and they said they can be bought from Addco.net

That's great news John. Hopefully they will be producing them and updating their list to reflect 71-73's only. 

Geoff.

John, Thank you for your persistence. Chuck

• Thanks 1

I finally got around to installing the new redesigned sway bar. It fits like it should now. The area where the bar mounts is wider and the mounts aren’t jammed in the bends of the bar. I guess the only thing that could be done better would be to shorten the spacers for the end links some, about an inch or so. But other than that I’m happy with it. Here’s a couple pics 

0FF5EA15-4851-445E-813D-76678906B2B3.jpeg

6CAC2746-AD7C-487F-A635-A9FFA3FFD438.jpeg

34E46029-FA55-46D0-84F3-5792EC824C53.jpeg

• Like 1

John - 72 Q Code

That looks waaay better! Just as it should have been from the start. Of course, these were made as a "one-size-fits-all" thing and the wrong approach. I wonder how many of us will be reordering or better yet, exchanging our bars. 

Thanks John. I expect Addco will want feed back on how it actually fits and performs. Also, how is the clearance between the bar and the cross rail in front of the tank? The incorrect style I have, has only about 1/4", which is barely enough.

Edited by Stanglover

Geoff.

I was kinda surprised that they didn’t say anything about letting them know how it fits. It clears the front of the gas tank, but it does push up against the vapor return line some. Pretty much like it was before, but not enough to restrict it.

John - 72 Q Code

31 minutes ago, jpaz said:

I was kinda surprised that they didn’t say anything about letting them know how it fits. It clears the front of the gas tank, but it does push up against the vapor return line some. Pretty much like it was before, but not enough to restrict it.

Ok, so the same as before for clearance then.  I had to add a spacer behind the clamp on the return vapor tube. It fits much better that way. I had a pic, but can't find it right now.

Geoff.