• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for laminated door glass

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the title says laminated door glass only not tempered please message me with what you have
 I definitely could be wrong, but I thought only Windshields were laminated and side glass was tempered. That's why you can break out a side window in modern cars with a centerpunch or an emergency "get-out-of-the-car-fast" tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the title says laminated door glass only not tempered please message me with what you have
 I definitely could be wrong, but I thought only Windshields were laminated and side glass was tempered. That's why you can break out a side window in modern cars with a centerpunch or an emergency "get-out-of-the-car-fast" tool.
+1

+1
 Thanks.

Plus 2

Laminated side glass was available in some police package cars like the Crown Vic P71. You can use hurricane film to achieve the same effect of containing the broken glass to some degree. Available clear or tinted.

All my research says there was both laminated and tempered in mustangs from 71-73 , and actually my work car a 2019 escape has laminated door glass

First one is the windshield etching - "sun visor" is the dark tinted band. Side and rear glass were all tempered.

FWIW - have never seen laminated door glass on any 71-73. Seems to me the frameless design would require the strength of tempered.

Back