9 inch Pan Hard Bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Has anyone put an Pan hard bar instead of the rear sway bar ?

A panhard bar and a sway bar provide two different functions. The panhard bar keeps the rear axle centered in the chassis, while the sway bar reduces body roll.

A panhard bar and a sway bar provide two different functions. The panhard bar keeps the rear axle centered in the chassis, while the sway bar reduces body roll.
Ok Thanks Don :)

I’ve got one.  I have not driven it enough to have much of an opinion.  They are supposed to help out with transitions in and out of corners.  

5B6B9FD7-985A-4E5F-B3EA-DE0D68BAAC2A.jpeg

I’ve got one.  I have not driven it enough to have much of an opinion.  They are supposed to help out with transitions in and out of corners.  
Wow looks stabile and strong, so rear sway bar ?

I am debating on the Panhard issue as we speak. Looking at your picture it appear that the passenger's side bracket hangs very low. Is that lower than the axle? How low to the ground? Also, I foresee issues with the exhaust pipe. Did you install the exhaust after the Panhard? I already have my exhaust installed but I wonder if the links would be in the way. To help me mock up the bar, can you tell me how far do the links are from the axle?

I am debating on the Panhard issue as we speak. Looking at your picture it appear that the passenger's side bracket hangs very low. Is that lower than the axle? How low to the ground? Also, I foresee issues with the exhaust pipe. Did you install the exhaust after the Panhard? I already have my exhaust installed but I wonder if the links would be in the way. To help me mock up the bar, can you tell me how far do the links are from the axle?

I have pretty small tires on the car and the passenger side bracket is 4.5” off the ground.  The exhaust went on after, it is a tight fit.  Can you better describe the measurement you want?

I have pretty small tires on the car and the passenger side bracket is 4.5” off the ground.  The exhaust went on after, it is a tight fit.  Can you better describe the measurement you want?
The Panhard bar link bars sit rear of the axle. I am trying to figure out how can I mock the bars so any dimensions that would help me figure out where the bars will be at with respect to the axle. But before you do that, maybe you can tell me what brand of Panhard are you using?

Great info thanks :) Did you fab that piece or can it be bought ?

Regards Rob

I bought it from Mike Maier in Livermore California - Mikemaierinc.

The rod itself is aluminum- all the fabricated pieces were very nice.
Great Thanks

Back