Adjustable Strut Rods

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been around, but after a five year hiatus, I'm back to working on the Mustang, and I have a question. I installed adjustable strut rods, and they seem to limit how far I can turn the wheels left or right and has me concerned that my turning radius might be that of a Mack Truck. My first concern is did I install them correctly, and if so, what would be the consequences if I modified the "stop" by grinding it at an angle to allow the wheels to turn sharper. As always, Your advise is appreciated!!

Travis

Before you modify the stops, I would contact the manufacturer and explain your concerns. It might be as simple as they are made incorrectly and will replace the offending parts.

Before you modify the stops, I would contact the manufacturer and explain your concerns. It might be as simple as they are made incorrectly and will replace the offending parts.
According to the description on Open Tracker Racing (where I purchased them), they are correct. I'll contact them tomorrow and discuss it with them. Thanks for the advice.  :thankyouyellow:

Back