Idle Screw

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Statcoy

Reaction score
My Car
302 1971 Mustang Coupe
Just tryna restore it
What screw is the idle screw on this carb? 

The idle speed should be the one on the right with the spring that's at a 45 degree angle

Ok that's what I figured ! Also one thing I forgot to mention that yellow and red wire, the yellow one is cut and the red one goes to the ignition coil. Is that gonna mess with anything ?

More so what is up with the yellow wire

The lever with the screw and spring is the kick down lever. The idle screw is out of view in the photo. It is below the kick down lever. It screws into the baseplate. Chuck

Could the yellow wire be the white wire with red stripe that goes to the oil pressure sensor?  The red could be red with green stripe to coil.  Sometimes the markings get rubbed off.  You can still buy that little harness.  My idle speed is adjusted with the anti diesel solenoid.

Could the yellow wire be the white wire with red stripe that goes to the oil pressure sensor?  The red could be red with green stripe to coil.  Sometimes the markings get rubbed off.  You can still buy that little harness.  My idle speed is adjusted with the anti diesel solenoid.
That's exactly what it is I didn't see the red stripe! Where does it mount to?

Back