Part Identification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdunlap

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 2 Door Sports Roof
White 351C CID 2V FMX Transmission Power Front Disc Brakes Ram Air AM Radio Console
Hi All - new member here. We just picked up our car a few days ago (1971 Mach1 351C). Today, I noticed there was a plastic/rubber that part fastened to the rear of the driver's side fender, that  wrapped underneath, and followed the contour of the fender. There is not one on the passenger side, and from the looks of the screw hole, there has never been anything mounted there. I have looked around, but can't find any info on this part/ Can someone tell me the name of the part and if cars coming from the factory had it on both driver and passenger sides? Thanks.

free upload photo

Hi All - new member here. We just picked up our car a few days ago (1971 Mach1 351C). Today, I noticed there was a plastic/rubber that part fastened to the rear of the driver's side fender, that  wrapped underneath, and followed the contour of the fender. There is not one on the passenger side, and from the looks of the screw hole, there has never been anything mounted there. I have looked around, but can't find any info on this part/ Can someone tell me the name of the part and if cars coming from the factory had it on both driver and passenger sides? Thanks.

free upload photo
I'm the original owner of my 71 Mach.  My car has this same plastic clip on both passenger and driver side fenders.  As best as I can determine after asking numerous owners & judges, it only came on the 71's.  Hope this helps.

Driver Fender Clip.JPG

Thanks for the info and picture!

They are only on the 71 and are no longer available. They were to deflect water away. I just saw somewhere a few weeks ago someone had made some using a 3D printer and was asking if he made them would people buy them. Can't remember where I saw it at. Might have been on face book or here. If I find it I'll let you know.

They are only on the 71 and are no longer available.  They were to deflect water away.  I just saw somewhere a few weeks ago someone had made some using a 3D printer and was asking if he made them would people buy them.  Can't remember where I saw it at.  Might have been on face book or here.  If I find it I'll let you know.
Yep, that was on Facebook.

kcmash

Found it.  It's on Facebook.  7173mustangs.com group.  Look up Claudio Sanchez.  It is his post from January 25th.  I tried to create a link but can't get it to work. Rick Ybarra is the one making them I think.  Do search using 3D printer.

Found it.  It's on Facebook.  7173mustangs.com group.  Look up Claudio Sanchez.  It is his post from January 25th.  I tried to create a link but can't get it to work. Rick Ybarra is the one making them I think.  Do search using 3D printer.
Found it and sent Rick a message. It looks like he is going to make some and they should be available mid-summer! Thanks!

Found it and sent Rick a message. It looks like he is going to make some and they should be available mid-summer! Thanks!

Great, let me know if you get them.  If they seem decent I'll probably get some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great, let me know if you get them.  If they seem decent I'll probably get some.
Will do!

Can somebody let me know ??  Pretty please. Im not on facebook never have been. Guess Im missing out on the world.........oh wait, I dont think im missing much :)

Can somebody let me know ??  Pretty please. Im not on facebook never have been. Guess Im missing out on the world.........oh wait, I dont think im missing much :)
 I'm only on there for the marketplace and the 7173mustangs group.  I stay anonymous with a fictitious last name and don't provided any information.  Not a big fan of social media.  To much drama and bs.   :D

I'm only on there for the marketplace and the 7173mustangs group.  I stay anonymous with a fictitious last name and don't provided any information.  Not a big fan of social media.  To much drama and bs.   :D
And thats the same reason Im not on there. I rather like talking face to face, also writing on paper (known as a letter). It wasnt until 6 months ago that Sally and I got a smart phone. Im writing from my desk top now but got wireless just last week. Heck...... we had the same land line ph # for 27 years. Kids never had a excuse they couldnt call us. The kids actually frowned and was verbal when we got rid of that land line last week.

Have we ever done a pole of age on the forum. Im going to make a guess average age 55 years??

And thats the same reason Im not on there. I rather like talking face to face, also writing on paper (known as a letter). It wasnt until 6 months ago that Sally and I got a smart phone. Im writing from my desk top now but got wireless just last week. Heck...... we had the same land line ph # for 27 years. Kids never had a excuse they couldnt call us. The kids actually frowned and was verbal when we got rid of that land line last week.

Have we ever done a pole of age on the forum. Im going to make a guess average age 55 years??
Don't mean to switch this post from it's original question about the part.  Nothing wrong with going without technology.  Life seems simpler when disconnect.  I fine myself sometimes addicted to it - just like being on this site here.   :whistling:    Good idea about the poll.

Back