Virus updates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I was checking in with my son that works at the BMW plant in Spartanburg SC. He said once there are two employees that have the virus the entire plant will be shut down. That is over 10,000 employees. At least they are taking this serious not like some have. We still are growing here so it is going to get more and more each day. 

Everyone control what you have control of. Do not go out in public. Carry towels or tissues to open doors with and toss once used. Get out of public and do not get in touch with others. Stay at home and enjoy movies and talk about mustangs.

I live in Heidelberg Germany, where public life is currently being shut down. only grocery and health care stores are open. Sometimes there are no trains or buses. The following are closed: schools and kindergartens, cinemas and theaters, restaurants and snack bars, public places ..., so everything that is not responsible for the care for survival and health. Avoid contact, no trips abroad and domestically. Only one thing remains ..., Mustang drive with my dear wife :) Stay healthy boys and girls. Greetings from the beautiful and currently sunny Heidelberg on the Neckar.

Today they have shut down all bars and restaurants except call in carry out. Idiots here in U.S. are crying that they are Americans they do not have to do what told they can do what they want. I expect it to get much worse.

I have all my seed and plants and will start on garden tomorrow. I can grow and can enough to not ever go to a store. I can go in back yard and shoot a deer turkey or squirrels. 

if everyone would do what is asked it can end quick if they do what they want will kill thousands of older citizens. 

Be safe all.

ya in my neck of the woods it's a ghost town. my son works at the port of Wilmington and hoping they don't shut that down.. no goods in or out. he's looking into working from home. I eat out always.. well no more I don't.. take out only.

Today they have shut down all bars and restaurants except call in carry out. Idiots here in U.S. are crying that they are Americans they do not have to do what told they can do what they want. I expect it to get much worse.

I have all my seed and plants and will start on garden tomorrow. I can grow and can enough to not ever go to a store. I can go in back yard and shoot a deer turkey or squirrels. 

if everyone would do what is asked it can end quick if they do what they want will kill thousands of older citizens. 

Be safe all.

If you are doing what you think you are supposed to be in your mind nothing anyone else does should be able to affect you.  Numbers still don't lie.

So far, the new coronavirus has led to more than 100,000 illnesses and more than 3,000 deaths worldwide. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has caused an estimated 34 million illnesses, 350,000 hospitalizations and 20,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 

I wish people would quit comparing this to the flu. It is statistically far more deadly than the flu on a per capita basis. We have no real idea of how many people actually have this due to the long incubation period with no symptoms while infecting others the entire time. I am willing to bet the death toll with be far greater than the flu and then what will you say?

Last edited by a moderator:
The telling thing about the flu mortality numbers that keep getting repeated is that if it eases peoples anxiety about CoVid 19, it means that we are okay with that many flu deaths every year.

I wish people would quit comparing this to the flu. It is statistically far more deadly than the flu on a per capita basis. We have no real idea of how many people actually have this due to the long incubation period with no symptoms while infecting others the entire time. I am willing to bet the death toll with be far greater than the flu and then what will you say?

I wish people would stop following the useless reporters and hollywood and be able to make a decision for themselves. Does anyone have an idea of how many anything will actually effect? No, so its all speculation until the numbers are in.

They, Canadian and US governments, just closed the Canada / US border to all but essential traffic. 

No trips to NPD for me for a while!! Hope I can still order by mail.

Not saying anyone is ok with the death numbers at all. Saying the world has not shut down over the flu yet

When was the last time the flu shut down entire countries and stock markets? Is that media hype? Fox news got this one wrong guys, face it.

When was the last time the flu shut down entire countries and stock markets? Is that media hype? Fox news got this one wrong guys, face it.
Answering your questions in order: Never.  Yes.  FOX News is not the end-all/be-all for trustworthy news... they employ Geraldo, Juan Williams, and Judge Napolitano after all (yet even Geraldo is openly appalled by all the disinformation and hype by the other msm outlets - there's hope for him yet).

If/when the number of affected/death toll surpasses the Swine Flu pandemic that nobody made a big deal about back in 2010, then I'll be more concerned.  Until then, freaking the f00k out about the media hype is not doing anybody any good, other than demonstrating that collectively, we as a society these days suck... and are more selfish than ever.

I'll revive this thread in a few weeks after things mellow out and everybody realizes this is, and never really was, that big of a deal after all.

For reference: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/

Answering your questions in order: Never.  Yes.  FOX News is not the end-all/be-all for trustworthy news... they employ Geraldo, Juan Williams, and Judge Napolitano after all (yet even Geraldo is openly appalled by all the disinformation and hype by the other msm outlets - there's hope for him yet).

If/when the number of affected/death toll surpasses the Swine Flu pandemic that nobody made a big deal about back in 2010, then I'll be more concerned.  Until then, freaking the f00k out about the media hype is not doing anybody any good, other than demonstrating that collectively, we as a society these days suck... and are more selfish than ever.

I'll revive this thread in a few weeks after things mellow out and everybody realizes this is, and never really was, that big of a deal after all.

For reference: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/
It may be hard to ever directly compare the affected/death toll with any other flu because a shut down like what we are going though has never happened in the past. The shut down most likely will keep the numbers down a lot, but the numbers will likely still grow. We can look at Italy as an example where they took the drastic measures too late. Here in the US we may be able (I hope) to curve the damage earlier than in Europe due to the earlier drastic actions. Also, another factor to consider [when comparing] is that this virus was first detected later in the flu season compared to the regular flu. We will never know what would have happened if the current shut down would have not occurred.

This is a good map for all of you interested: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html

Last edited by a moderator:

I wish people would stop following the useless reporters and hollywood and be able to make a decision for themselves. Does anyone have an idea of how many anything will actually effect? No, so its all speculation until the numbers are in.
Could be wrong but it sure looks like they have used numbers in that graph...

Could be wrong but it sure looks like they have used numbers in that graph...

If you must know the pictures do not show up on the computer I use during the day (which there is a thread on here about that) but I really appreciate you helping me out. That goes a long way. So I guess you would fall under the ones who believe the first thing you see so.....Believe what you want and I will believe what I want and we (you and I will) never agree probably on anything. Where is all your crying about David saying he would be hunting for his meals? Seems like the last hunting thread you were all up in arms over or is that just selective?

Since I lived and worked in China I still know people there. I know it will get worse before better. China screwed up by not acting fast enough. Millions of people in Wuhan fled before the officials stopped travel. That allowed the virus to explode and they ran out of hospital space in days. Those officials were removed and were probably executed I have not heard a for sure on that. 

They are having to store bodies in coolers the crematories cannot keep up. Nothing in the past has ever done this. 

The huge difference in China and U.S. if density of population. The apartments are around 40 stories with 4 elevators to service them all. Here we have lots of single family homes and low density apartments. You will see the numbers of infected will go way up in NY city and any place people are close. 

I worked in my garden yesterday and if dry enough today will plant my broccoli, cauliflower and Brussel sprouts. I am also putting my veges in plant flats to get the seeds going. I am going to expand the garden to the limits of my fence just in case this really gets bad. I have jars and lids to can enough food for a year easy. I will share with neighbors and put any excess for free by the road. 

Again not over reacting just being sensible and prepared. I have the garden anyway so use it. Packages of seeds are $1.45 here and hundreds of seeds not the little packs. So very little cost but can yield huge food supply. If you have a place get out there and plant something. The only thing I did not get was my red okra they did not have that seed. I will sow the greens today also they are great with vitamins. For way less than the cost of one trip to grocery you can grow a years worth of food. When I was a kid we grew about everything we ate. I have apple trees, pear trees, cherry trees and the peaches bloomed last month and got froze. I can go in the field right now and cut wild crease greens. Lots of things out there to eat you do not need a grocery just a little work.

Sad think is a friend text yesterday she was afraid to go to work so she called in and they fired her. She is all upset. If she can get tested I told her she can come stay here and not worry about apartment. We do have testing in several local places here.

The masks are going to run out some people here are trying to sew them by hand to help out the hospital. I have a couple boxes left over from going to China. If you do not have any masks and need them you might consider buying a paint mask before they are all gone you can change the filters in them and wash to clean them. Again not a panic you need one to paint with anyway.

I do not have a single drop of hand sanitize. When I did go out I take an old metal coat hanger and make me some hooks I can fit in pocket. I open the door to store with it and toss once inside. Pull out another at next door. I touch nothing but what I need. At the gas pump I use dogie poo pick up bags on my hand so I do not touch the handle. I put piece of plastic bag on my credit card so it does not touch the card reader and toss both before I leave. When I get home I do wash my hands and never touch my face. 

I have not been out for a few days now and do not really need to go out my sister is going to bring my okra seeds later do not plant that until May 1.

So I have my plan and I am set for the year and more if it all falls apart. I have lots of guns and ammo and some extra fuel stored with stabil in it. Again that is always there not a panic. 

I still feel the U.S. reacted way too slow and like so many just blew this off as a new cold virus, which is it but with way different lung issues. This will probably cut the social security and medicare payouts in the future with all us old farts dropping out. 

I had another brother in law pass yesterday and cannot go to funeral or will not go. 

Be safe and do sensible things. If you have a space grow that Victory garden like they did in WW II. It helps a lot and now is the time to prepare not when the crunch is on. I wish I could get out and take some video of the empty stores shelves and streets for history which this will be part of. 

I am not much good at a diary but keeping in touch with family on facebook and always on the car forums. 

I got 4 bags of dog food for my two pups so they are happy.

Back