New to forum; 71 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightShow

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Hello! After wanting one since I was way young, I finally purchased a 71 mach 1.  Currently has 351c 4v and have 429 PI getting ready to go in.  From Utah and REALLY looking for the front urethane bumper (throwing that out there).

Thanks for the accept.

Unique to the car.  One of the prior owners installed vents in the fender; look close near the "MACH1" decal.

image upload

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome2:  here ....you'll find here a bunch of helpful happy m8s.  Nice looking machine. 

I prefer the chrome, personally... if you load with 429 -- what will you do with the 351?

Welcome from UK btw

to each their own I guess -- always liked the painted wrap front end. Unsure on 351; I have two actually. I'll hold on to the original one - just in case I swap back.

Hello and welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.

Nice looking car there. More info would be welcome with more pictures. We love pictures!

Do NOT throw out anything that is original to the car, you never know when it might be your only option to restore those parts. 

Is the car a M code? I assume so being a 71 4 V

Welcome from Ohio

Looks like a nice ride... nice color combo

Nice looking car there. More info would be welcome with more pictures. We love pictures!

Do NOT throw out anything that is original to the car, you never know when it might be your only option to restore those parts. 

It is an M code. I'm not too familiar with the history of it to know if original motor or not.  Unless "original" just means size.  Obviously I'm new to all of this; but learning more each day.

I'll post Marti here shortly

It is an M code. I'm not too familiar with the history of it to know if original motor or not.  Unless "original" just means size.  Obviously I'm new to all of this; but learning more each day.

I'll post Marti here shortly
The way to tell if your motor is original is there will be a partial VIN stamped at the back of the driver side just below the head. It's often hard to see or read as paint can obscure it. A mirror and a camera could work to read it. It will be the last digits of the VIN on the dash tag and drivers door sticker. Under the fenders at the top by the shock towers, this number will be present on both sides. That will tell you that it's all correct.

Here's a pic of that example. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the block VIN.

Hello and welcome from Texas!!!
Thanks; Seen a few pictures w/ blue and silver painted front "scoop" and really like it.  If I stay blue; thinking about doing the same.

Back