Hello from Tampa, Florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Mississippi.

Glad you decided to join our ranks and let us get a peek at that fine-looking convertible. I know most people think Red when discussing vert colors...but there is just something about that blue and silver combo!

When you get a chance please tell us some more about yourself and any plans you may have for your vert.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks to all, I have been lurking on the site for about a year when I purchased the car. My first car was a 1973 sports roof 302 that i should have never sold. Wife compromised on reliving my youth if I got a vert.

The Marti report shows confirms the car as a number matching Q code with the Blue Glow paint, impossible to match CB medium blue interior, C-6 auto, 3.25 traction lock rear, competition suspension, Body side tape stripes, NASA TuTone hood. Instrument group, Decor group.

Previous owners mods include Rod and Custom coil over front end, functional ram air, Tremec TKO 5 speed manual, AAW rewire with GM fuse block, Dakota Digital "digital" gauges, and a rebuilt (i have pics but no build sheet) engine with Edlebrock performer intake, carb, and cam. Engine has about 2,000 miles on it and is very strong. Body work and paint are great for 3/4 of the car, I will do my thing on the last 1/4.

I have cleaned up the wiring, added a retro sound radio, plasma rear bulbs, United Pacific LED headlights with DDL light bar, and corrected the PO makeshift oil pan with a new Canton pan made for the Rod and Custom set up. I have mocked up and ready to install (pic attached) new Speedhut gauges to mimic stock. Thanks to the forum for all the threads on this subject, super helpful. New interior is next....blue is tough but that is my intention. Goal is a cool cruiser with a ripping engine.

For all the vert owners, does anyone have the elusive "Top Boot Center Molding Retainer" extra to purchase or even one piece I can scan and turn in to a 3D printable file? These are the unicorn of vert parts.....

Nice car, and welcome!

Back