Covid19 and harness restoration business

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
I feel a bit funny posting this, but the Covid19 pandemic seems to be good for my business.  I basically work out of my garage, receiving and sending products via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.  I rarely see a customer in person.  Since the decision by many states to have people shelter-in-place, many of you are working on your cars and catching up on family matters.  Well then, it seems that many folks are taking advantage of the down time and I've been flooded with orders.  Just this week, I had 7 underdash harnesses sent in, along with an order for a 72 dash cluster hard wire harness.  In 12 years of being in business, I've never had this amount of work in one week!  7 harnesses is a good month for me, but in one week?  Holy cow!  Not a big problem...I'm also "sheltering-in-place" so there's not allot of other things to do.  You can only mow the lawn once a week (yes, we've begun that weekly ritual down here already).  I guess the harness business turned out to be a good niche business even in downturns in the economy.

Not to make light of the Covid19 problem, but I do wish all of you to be safe and practice your daily lives safely. 

Mid.

I feel a bit funny posting this, but the Covid19 pandemic seems to be good for my business.  I basically work out of my garage, receiving and sending products via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.  I rarely see a customer in person.  Since the decision by many states to have people shelter-in-place, many of you are working on your cars and catching up on family matters.  Well then, it seems that many folks are taking advantage of the down time and I've been flooded with orders.  Just this week, I had 7 underdash harnesses sent in, along with an order for a 72 dash cluster hard wire harness.  In 12 years of being in business, I've never had this amount of work in one week!  7 harnesses is a good month for me, but in one week?  Holy cow!  Not a big problem...I'm also "sheltering-in-place" so there's not allot of other things to do.  You can only mow the lawn once a week (yes, we've begun that weekly ritual down here already).  I guess the harness business turned out to be a good niche business even in downturns in the economy.

Not to make light of the Covid19 problem, but I do wish all of you to be safe and practice your daily lives safely. 

Mid.
Please dont cough or sneeze over the harnesses. Farting is okay[emoji16]
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If I get symptoms, I will shut down the business. So far, we've had one case here in our county, and he was an out-of-towner for Spring Break. He brought it here while symptomatic. That was 3 weeks ago and no other reports of virus.

Latest posts

Back