I would rock this colour combo back in ‘71...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop

Pastel Blue (with the added blacked out Magnum style wheels) looks good on these, Minus the front chrome bumper, original would be my preference. They offered this colour on  earlier performance mustangs, too bad...

When I purchased my new mustang in August 71 metro Ford still had three unsold 70 boss 9's, including one of the 16 pastel blue/black ones. I was told they were impossible to sell.

Well, it was available in 73. Although, the stripes were different.

detritusmaximus,

The color in your illustration is 3B light blue which is a 72-73 RPO (regular production option). The N paint code, pastel blue, was a color available for 1970-71 Mustangs. In 1970 it was available on all model Mustangs including the Boss 302 and 429. In 1971 it was still available on the Mustang line, but strangely was not available on the Boss 351 or Mach 1!?

The closest wheel to replicating Kens (7173vert) illustration without painting a Magnum black, would be the argent center painted standard Magnum wheel on the 1969 Boss 302. Until I saw his illustration I wasn't sure about that color on a Mach 1. Without the typical Grabber or other bright "look at Me" colors, that would make an excellent sleeper car! I would have to make room for that one in my driveway!   :)

Yeah, I see the difference. Not a huge fan of pale blues, so I probably never paid enough attention to remember the difference.

However, I have always been a fan of a nice striking non-metallic color accented by the matte black, especially with black flares.

Like the old Abarth Spyders..

or this one...which happens to be powered by a 351C...

Yeah, I see the difference. Not a huge fan of pale blues, so I probably never paid enough attention to remember the difference.

However, I have always been a fan of a nice striking non-metallic color accented by the matte black, especially with black flares.

Like the old Abarth Spyders..

or this one...which happens to be powered by a 351C...

Meh. Too each their own...

Ah, well, no love for the italians...

Back