I would rock this colour combo back in ‘71...

7173Vert

D7-D7-F572-4-C26-4-D88-937-D-AD65-AA983893.jpg

Pastel Blue (with the added blacked out Magnum style wheels) looks good on these, Minus the front chrome bumper, original would be my preference. They offered this colour on  earlier performance mustangs, too bad...

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

That is cool looking for sure.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

When I purchased my new mustang in August 71 metro Ford still had three unsold 70 boss 9's, including one of the 16 pastel blue/black ones. I was told they were impossible to sell.

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

Yeah not nearly as big of a fan of the light blue. Something about the pastel blue with the black just catches the eye.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

detritusmaximus,

The color in your illustration is 3B light blue which is a 72-73 RPO (regular production option). The N paint code, pastel blue, was a color available for 1970-71 Mustangs. In 1970 it was available on all model Mustangs including the Boss 302 and 429. In 1971 it was still available on the Mustang line, but strangely was not available on the Boss 351 or Mach 1!?

The closest wheel to replicating Kens (7173vert) illustration without painting a Magnum black, would be the argent center painted standard Magnum wheel on the 1969 Boss 302. Until I saw his illustration I wasn't sure about that color on a Mach 1. Without the typical Grabber or other bright "look at Me" colors, that would make an excellent sleeper car! I would have to make room for that one in my driveway!   :)

69boss2-1.jpg

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I see the difference. Not a huge fan of pale blues, so I probably never paid enough attention to remember the difference.

However, I have always been a fan of a nice striking non-metallic color accented by the matte black, especially with black flares.

Like the old Abarth Spyders..

124-Abarth.jpg

or this one...which happens to be powered by a 351C...

De-Tomaso-Longchamp-GTS.jpg

Yeah, I see the difference. Not a huge fan of pale blues, so I probably never paid enough attention to remember the difference.

However, I have always been a fan of a nice striking non-metallic color accented by the matte black, especially with black flares.

Like the old Abarth Spyders..

124-Abarth.jpg

or this one...which happens to be powered by a 351C...

De-Tomaso-Longchamp-GTS.jpg

Meh. Too each their own...

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

D7-D7-F572-4-C26-4-D88-937-D-AD65-AA983893.jpg

Pastel Blue (with the added blacked out Magnum style wheels) looks good on these, Minus the front chrome bumper, original would be my preference. They offered this colour on  earlier performance mustangs, too bad...

Very Nice, like that  ::thumb:: :goodpost: