Props to Forel Pubishing (AKA Fordmanuals.com)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 convertible
Wasn't sure where to put this, but these guys publish/reprint all of the original parts manuals, service guides, shop tips, wiring diagrams, etc. for vintage Ford cars and trucks.  About 15 years ago, they started providing electronic copies on CD-ROM that had this horrid digital rights management tool called PDF OwnerGuard (by Armjisoft).  It was bad.  Seems like every time I wanted to look something up I had to reregister my license. 

I recently had to replace the laptop that had the manuals installed.  Reinstalling on the new laptop from the CDs proved impossible.  Update links were broken and the licenses that would install would not work with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  Out of desperation I sent an email to [email protected] (every company seems to have an email address called [email protected]) describing my problems - on a Sunday afternoon.  Amazingly, within 15 minutes I got a response with a solution to my problems that eliminated OwnerGuard (yay!).  I would recommend these guys.  Their manuals are official Ford products, they are good clear scans, and you can print poster sized pages of the manuals for easy reference from across the bench.

I have the Forel CD too. The excessive copywrite protection makes it very diffeicult to use so good to hear that they are offering a work around if you upgrade your hardware. Is the fix they are providing specific for each individual or is it a general fix? Can you share what they have you do?

Thanks.

I have the Forel CD too. The excessive copywrite protection makes it very diffeicult to use so good to hear that they are offering a work around if you upgrade your hardware. Is the fix they are providing specific for each individual or is it a general fix? Can you share what they have you do?

Thanks.
I'd like to know as well!

My original CD's version of the illustrated portion is corrupted; I was able to open the text portion without problem. I then went to squarebirds.com and downloaded the illustrated portion and am now reasonably happy. I also have the hard copy of both books.

Back