Electrical termination parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
2000 F250-SD
2001 H-D FLTR
2004 GMC Denali
i need to replace the 90 degree rubber connectors on the two wires that attach two the #8 studs on the starter relay. I’ve found these available with a tail. I would like to know if there is a 90 degree connector that I could terminate the correct color wire to, and eliminate a splice 

I also need to replace the inline connector on the green w/ red stripe wire that goes to the regulator. There is one on the new regulator I installed.  I need to replace the female part of this connection. I believe the ford part # is C6AB-14A309-A

What I've always done is get replacements from Pik-A-Part, Ford used them on all vehicles for many years, cut them long enough so the splices (soldered with heat shrink) is concealed in the harness.

I've never found 90° bullet connectors. To use your new connectors I would cut the pigtail about 1/2" from the connector, solder connection covered with heat shrink so as much of the color code is exposed as possible.

What I've always done is get replacements from Pik-A-Part, Ford used them on all vehicles for many years, cut them long enough so the splices (soldered with heat shrink) is concealed in the harness.

I've never found 90° bullet connectors. To use your new connectors I would cut the pigtail about 1/2" from the connector, solder connection covered with heat shrink so as much of the color code is exposed as possible.
Thanks Don. I had the same thoughts on the Bullet connectors.

I may have the green/red wire connector, if it is a 1971. Each year's connector was different; I have plenty on the headlight side but only the 71 on the alternator side.

If you are not trying to look 100% correct you can just put a ring terminal on the end and secure with the proper nut. A bit of shrink tubing covering the crimp will make it look nicer too.

Back