Bad news for the Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Well gentlemen, had a little accident this evening. Was taking the mustang out for the first drive this year and another car pulled out in front of me. I couldn’t get stopped in time and smacked him. He ran a stop sign and turned left in front of me, I didn’t have anywhere to go. I didn’t make it a mile from the house. Wasn’t a huge hit but enough to do a lot of damage. I was doing 35-40mph. Locked up the brakes but could not stop.  Pretty bummed out. I have really good insurance on the car. But his insurance should cover it.  I’m sure it will be a fight. They will probably want to total it, but I’m going to definitely fix it. Everything is tweaked. Even the drivers side shock tower looks pushed an inch or two! Wish me luck luck this going to be an adventure!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man turtle, that looks eerily familiar. So very sorry to see this, but at least you are ok I hope. Damn that really sucks and I bet you’re right about the ins co to total it, but it depends on how much coverage you have. I had similar looking damages to mine, but I think you may have some more.

Anyway, hope your ok and if I can answer any questions about what happened with my accident just let me know. Good luck

Oh man turtle, that looks eerily familiar. So very sorry to see this, but at least you are ok I hope. Damn that really sucks and I bet you’re right about the ins co to total it, but it depends on how much coverage you have. I had similar looking damages to mine, but I think you may have some more.

Anyway, hope your ok and if I can answer any questions about what happened with my accident just let me know. Good luck
Thanks John. You’re the exact person I thought of contacting to ask a few questions! I will send you a pm tomorrow if you don’t mind. I am fine. No one was with me. Thanks for the offer of advice.

Makes me feel sick just looking at it . So sorry to see that. Glad you are ok. I hope between his and your insurance you get enough to cover your rebuild cost. And here I was bummed out about cutting a small hole in my headliner tonight.

RATS!  What a bum deal.  As others have said the most important think is you are OK.

I am so burned out on restoration I couldn't imagine having to go from show to resto again.  But the great news is there are so many replacement parts for our cars now, you can definitely fix that one up.  If the shock tower did move a little, the frame machine can pull her right back.  With Dynacorn in the mix, the sheet-metal should be easy.

Keep your head up, you'll be back on the road before you know it.

kcmash

Thanks John. You’re the exact person I thought of contacting to ask a few questions! I will send you a pm tomorrow if you don’t mind. I am fine. No one was with me. Thanks for the offer of advice.
Sure thing, no problem.

So sorry to see this happen to you. As others have said however is most importantly you were not hurt. All the best in working through the evaluation and getting repairs in place.

Man, I know just what you are feeling! My Mach1 got bashed March 3rd, when a car ran a red light and tagged the rear end quarter of my car. My car, like yours, was so cherry, that deep down inside you just want to publicly shame the bastards who drive so irresponsibly. My feeling is....no matter what make of car it is, Mustang, Camaro, AMX, whatever,  they don't make these anymore, and they are worth fixing and preserving. Hopefully, the other persons insurance totals THEIR car, but it's amazing ( in regards to your damage ), what a decent body shop can accomplish. You know the parts can be acquired. My car is being fixed as we speak. I wish you all the best as your car is certainly a beautiful girl. I'm with ya!Ouch 1.PNGOuch 2 - March 2020.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to see all your hard work on the car like that. As others have said glad you are good. Let us know what parts you need. I started to part out a Sprint coupe. It has a nice grille with sport lamps.

Damn! Very sad to see indeed.

I had a 16 year old girl (brand new driver) turn left in front of me a few years ago. Said she didn't see me. Practically hit her head on at 60. Fortunately she was in a small SUV with a plethora of airbags, and I was in my 2014 F150. We both walked away with cuts only.

I guess most of us have been there one way or another.

Best of luck with the insurance companies. Hopefully yours does you right if his doesn't.

Well gentlemen, had a little accident this evening. Was taking the mustang out for the first drive this year and another car pulled out in front of me. I couldn’t get stopped in time and smacked him. He ran a stop sign and turned left in front of me, I didn’t have anywhere to go. I didn’t make it a mile from the house. Wasn’t a huge hit but enough to do a lot of damage. I was doing 35-40mph. Locked up the brakes but could not stop.  Pretty bummed out. I have really good insurance on the car. But his insurance should cover it.  I’m sure it will be a fight. They will probably want to total it, but I’m going to definitely fix it. Everything is tweaked. Even the drivers side shock tower looks pushed an inch or two! Wish me luck luck this going to be an adventure!!

O.M GOSH

I would just puke. Sooo sorry to see this happened. Well you got insurance, I wouldnt let them total it and scar the title.

I'll bet all the folks on here will pitch in a part if you cant find one for the rebuild.

Hey I see you have a Blemished grill? wanna sell it cheap? Or the headlight bezels? Really if I can assist in some way, just Pm and Ill come a runnin.

Rod and Sally

Back