• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71-72 Mach 1 Lower Body Trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishoppeak

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback being converted into a 1971 Mach 1 restomod visually duplicating the new one I owned at 17.
This is the stainless trim that separates the two tone colors on Mach 1s without the hockey stripe

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pic by the way! How many here are old enough to remember when almost everyone was that skinny? In the pre-high fructose corn syrup everywhere and pre-gigantic portions era (among other factors).

This is the stainless trim that separates the two tone colors on Mach 1s without the hockey stripe

That is/was a sweet car... Look at the Firestone’s... The stainless trim was re-popped for a while in the 2000’s, but then stopped. Persistence in your search is key to finding a nice 10 pc set... Good luck.

Do you need a complete set or just pieces?
I need the complete set.  That was me and my roommate headed off to college with my new car in 1971.  I'm recreating it as a restomod now, identical in appearance but with all new suspension, brakes and a Coyote crate motor and 6 speed manual

When you get a complete set (Which I might have) I would suggest having it chromed. I did this to mine and have been very pleased with not having to mess with the iodized aluminum. Bottom line, I'm lazy.

I spray the whole car with 'Protect All' and use microfiber towels to wipe and buff with. You are doing a restomod so it don't matter.

Just my take on it.

Bru

If you go on Facebook and friend Scotty Strickland he is in North Carolina. He has a mustang junk yard might have the trim. The good thing is that any body style will work all the same I believe. 73 the same except the very front piece. Not sure but I think Daniel Carpenter repos the plastic clips. There is screw on ends of some and the original clups were on the welded studs. You will probably pop rivet or screw on.

I also like the looks of the Decor Group. Thinking about getting some flat black wrap to make mine look better.

They still reproduce them. I used them on the mach 1 i did a couple years ago. They were very nice quality. Not cheap flimsy stuff. And they have actually dropped in price since i bought them in 2017. They were $450. Looks like you can get them for just over $300 now. This is same seller i bought them off of.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/71-73-MUSTANG-MACH-1-BOSS-DECOR-GROUP-MOLDING-SET-10-PC-MADE-IN-USA/264692094948?hash=item3da0e0d7e4:g:QNYAAOSwIexedTsN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/71-73-MUSTANG-MACH-1-BOSS-DECOR-GROUP-MOLDING-SET-10-PC-MADE-IN-USA/313034086283?hash=item48e249178b:g:QNYAAOSwIexedTsN

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some digging in my stash and found 6 of the 10 pieces. PM me if you are interested.

I did some digging in my stash and found 6 of the 10 pieces. PM me if you are interested.
Found a new repro set on eBay, thanks to all for your help

I need just one for my 1971 MACH 1 - It is drivers side quarter panel short piece between the rear wheel and the drivers door - Please email me or text me if you have one for sale as I am very rarely on the forum - Thank you!

770 900 5532

[email protected]

I need just one for my 1971 MACH 1 - It is drivers side quarter panel short piece between the rear wheel and the drivers door - Please email me or text me if you have one for sale as I am very rarely on the forum - Thank you!

770 900 5532

[email protected]
I have the piece you are looking for but it is not in great condition.  It has scuff marks on the top and will need to be re-anodized in my opinion unless  you are using it for a driver car.  Here are pictures.

Back