Bilstein DIRECT FIT 71-73 front shocks now available.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be interested in hearing feedback - I run Bilsteins on my vette, and love the ride. Used to complement other performance, suspension and handling mods, the shocks really are critical to the overall ride. I would be interested in similar suspension upgrades on the Mach. I'm already running stiffer-than-stock springs.

I'll be interested in hearing feedback - I run Bilsteins on my vette, and love the ride. Used to complement other performance, suspension and handling mods, the shocks really are critical to the overall ride. I would be interested in similar suspension upgrades on the Mach. I'm already running stiffer-than-stock springs.
If you are running the 5-leaf springs in the rear, your car does not seem to sit too high at all.  That black with no side stripe is awesome.  I had a few black cars and they were a nightmare to maintain (daily drivers however).  A bunch of guys on the Ferrari forum have used ceramic coatings, and they say any dirt on the vehicle just rinses right off.

If you are running the 5-leaf springs in the rear, your car does not seem to sit too high at all.  That black with no side stripe is awesome.  I had a few black cars and they were a nightmare to maintain (daily drivers however).  A bunch of guys on the Ferrari forum have used ceramic coatings, and they say any dirt on the vehicle just rinses right off.
I am running 5-leafs springs. I like the ride height - I am running a larger tire in the rear (275/60/R15) or it might look a bit tall otherwise. 

On the black, I appreciate the compliment. It was a night mare to maintain last summer, so this spring I had a local detailer do a 1-step correction and apply a ceramic topcoat. I posted the video he made in the walk around section - it came out looking pretty good. We'll see how it holds up, but hoping its s good as I've heard.

Thanks for posting the link. I was surprised at the reasonable price of $100 USD each. I had some custom valved Bilsein built for the Cobra. The car rides and drives soooo much better. Chuck

I went to the site. Are they saying one size/valving fits all for all those different cars and engines and transmissions? Chuck

Just following up to my own question - I took the plunge on Bilsteins for all four corners, and had some decent weather to try them out. With the stiffer springs, the Bilsteins provide a nice, firm ride. Not at all jarring and I really like the ride.

Just following up to my own question - I took the plunge on Bilsteins for all four corners, and had some decent weather to try them out. With the stiffer springs, the Bilsteins provide a nice, firm ride. Not at all jarring and I really like the ride.
Good to hear you like the ride.  I am considering a set when I rebuild my suspension.  Are these Bilsteins non-gas charged shocks?

I believe they are gas-charged, but I really don't know a lot about shock absorber technology. I do know that Bilsteins are top-notch - I run'em on my modified C3 (The very stiff Sport version not street), and lik'em even more on the mustang (although these are street version, so not apples-to-apples). So far, the street version is a really good match for stiffer-than-stock spring rates. 

Did a little research - According to Bilstein' website, these are nitrogen gas-charged shocks with a unique piston design to reduce potential foaming. Did not come with the strap. 

My 79 'vette Bilsteins are similar tech, just a little stiffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back