ACP dash panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandmas73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Red conv 302
1961 Studebaker Hawk
Hey all,

I am looking to add gauges to my 73 vert, with a 302, so I started looking at the center dash trim panel/bezel with gauge holes from ACP.  I am curious about the fit and finish and if anyone else has successfully added gauges with that panel?  If so, anything to look out for?  Did it go smoothly?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

BTW, these are the gauges I picked up, of course I added green LEDs as the incandescents were too dim.  These and a set from BOSCH were the only gauges I could find thasweep the bottom of the dial similar to the stock gauge, fairly accurate too.

Those Classic Instruments look nice, Moal Bomber right? Did you get the whole set or can you buy them individually?

And is that a ACP panel? looks good. Thanks for sharing.

I'm in the process of adding these VDO vision gauges to mine, a little dremeling and they slip right in,

They have a nut that holds them in. Someone else on here had installed them before. 

Those Classic Instruments look nice, Moal Bomber right?  Did you get the whole set or can you buy them individually?

And is that a ACP panel?  looks good.  Thanks for sharing.
Yes, Moal Bombers and you can get them individually, but I got them all at the same time. I got them from Summit I think. The gauge panel is aftermarket, but I forgot where I got it. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of adding these VDO vision gauges to mine, a little dremeling and they slip right in,

They have a nut that holds them in. Someone else on here had installed them before. 

This is how I did mine. I didn't want to cut into my new center bezel so i mounted the gauges behind it, no cutting. https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-center-gauges?highlight=Center+gauges
Nice job. Thanks for posting the link, that's going to help me alot when I get to ordering the panel.

I did finish my install yesterday, it's finally good to know what what my oil and water is doing. Now I keep checking it every few seconds. I don't know how I lived without it. I did keep my idiot lights hooked up as well

Back