ACP dash panels

Hey all,

I am looking to add gauges to my 73 vert, with a 302, so I started looking at the center dash trim panel/bezel with gauge holes from ACP.  I am curious about the fit and finish and if anyone else has successfully added gauges with that panel?  If so, anything to look out for?  Did it go smoothly?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

BTW, these are the gauges I picked up, of course I added green LEDs as the incandescents were too dim.  These and a set from BOSCH were the only gauges I could find thasweep the bottom of the dial similar to the stock gauge, fairly accurate too.

gauge-lts2.jpg

Bryan~

My Garage....

73 Mustang Convertible- Grandma's

61 Studebaker Hawk- Grandpa's

Those look nice, not sure but I think Stanglover put those in his 71 Mach. Pretty sure he put them in the center like I did. Here’s the ones I put in my car, Classic Instruments. 

AD035802-B525-45-D7-B880-FD9-C237-F3080.jpg

John - 72 Q Code

Those Classic Instruments look nice, Moal Bomber right? Did you get the whole set or can you buy them individually?

And is that a ACP panel? looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Bryan~

My Garage....

I'm in the process of adding these VDO vision gauges to mine, a little dremeling and they slip right in,

They have a nut that holds them in. Someone else on here had installed them before. 

0415202049a.jpg

0415202050.jpg

• Like 2

Those Classic Instruments look nice, Moal Bomber right?  Did you get the whole set or can you buy them individually?

And is that a ACP panel?  looks good.  Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Moal Bombers and you can get them individually, but I got them all at the same time. I got them from Summit I think. The gauge panel is aftermarket, but I forgot where I got it. Thanks

• Like 1

John - 72 Q Code

I'm in the process of adding these VDO vision gauges to mine, a little dremeling and they slip right in,

They have a nut that holds them in. Someone else on here had installed them before. 

0415202049a.jpg

0415202050.jpg

This is how I did mine. I didn't want to cut into my new center bezel so i mounted the gauges behind it, no cutting. https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-center-gauges?highlight=Center+gauges

• Like 1

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

0415202049a.jpg

0415202050.jpg

This is how I did mine. I didn't want to cut into my new center bezel so i mounted the gauges behind it, no cutting. https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-center-gauges?highlight=Center+gauges

Nice job. Thanks for posting the link, that's going to help me alot when I get to ordering the panel.

Bryan~

My Garage....

I did finish my install yesterday, it's finally good to know what what my oil and water is doing. Now I keep checking it every few seconds. I don't know how I lived without it. I did keep my idiot lights hooked up as well

0418201926a.jpg

• Like 1