DOAE 4V Heads Value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of 4V closed chamber heads. DOAE-N heads both have date codes of Jan 1970. They are untouched, still sporting the ford valves. They were Magnafluxed by a local shop (well known) and no cracks found. What would be a good price on these?

If I wanted to actually sell them I'd put $400.00 on them. You are just buying the bare heads the rest goes into waste bin. Chuck

73pony,

I got a set of the same 2 years ago for $500, knowing they needed the works, one can easily spend $1000 to get them into good operating condition.

Boilermaster

Yeah I hear you. I've been looking for a set for a while now and they do not come up around here often. Yes they would need completely gone through including new valves etc and machines for studs and roller rockers before they could be used so yeah pretty easy to hit that $1,000 mark. On the plus side I would not have to pay shipping. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree, $300-$400 tops. You'll be in for another $500 in parts between valves, springs and retainers. A little more if you decide to do studs and guideplates. Manley or Ferrea are the choices for valves.

Back