I said it last year. Will Winter ever end?

Stanglover

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here in PA!!! Woke up this morning with about an inch of snow and had to scrap the windows of the truck this morning before work!! Really sucks!

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

It got into the 30's here last night but no snow. My garden is up and going even corn up. I have mowed the grass three times already and pollen is killing me with this Emphysema. Leaves are on the trees. I have seen it snow here with the leaves on the trees but not lately.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Yes, it really sucks! 

Last week, Wednesday 8th, it was sunny and in the mid 60's so I went for my first road bike ride (as in bicycle). I have cut my grass twice, now this! Hopefully it will warm up soon once this huge low pressure area gets by us. I did at least get that rear axle back in and tested last week, so that's a bonus I suppose.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

April 16th 2020, we woke up to THIS!

IMG-1382.jpg

Don't  forget that Punxutawney Phil saw a shadow 

Phil.jpg

In Ontario, we have Wiarton Willy, he saw his shadow as well, damn ground hogs!

Geoff.

Here in NE Kansas it is cold and windy and damp and supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight.

i am so ready for it to warm up.IMG-0304-4990.jpg

Then you need to put him back into the stables, tuck him up nice and warm with fresh straw and a nose bag.  ::thumb::

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

Here in NE Kansas it is cold and windy and damp and supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight.

Then you need to put him back into the stables, tuck him up nice and warm with fresh straw and a nose bag.  ::thumb::

It's a her,-- i checked. She is already back in the stable and has been for the last two weeks.  It feels like the first of March, not the middle of April. I am tired of winter and i am so ready to start licking the door knobs and get this damn virus crap over with.

Same here in PA!!!  Woke up this morning with about an inch of snow and had to scrap the windows of the truck this morning before work!!  Really sucks!

No kidding!  In eastern PA we had nothing, might have been mid-30's overnight though.  In fact the entire winter I think we had something like 0.2 inches of snow, one of the lowest snow years on record.  We had some fairly warm days over the past few weeks.  Now this week the weather is toying with us with some days in the high 40's and low 50's and a chilly breeze.  I'm still ok with that, because in no time it will be 92 here with high humidity like a swamp!

It's a her,-- i checked. She is already back in the stable and has been for the last two weeks.  It feels like the first of March, not the middle of April. I am tired of winter and i am so ready to start licking the door knobs and get this damn virus crap over with.

+1 on that. We are supposed to get snow tonight too. It was nice and chilly and clear out when I got off work yesterday so I took the mustang out tore up some pavement. Amazing the difference running at 35 degrees compared to 90 when it comes to power. Love me some cold dense air for sure.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Well guys, I don't feel alone in this weather now. Back in early November, we had a blast of really cold air, -23C or -9.4 F and 5-6" of snow. We all thought we were in for a terrible winter, but it turned out quite the opposite. I only used the snow blower once, the rest of the time just a snow shovel. All in all I bet we didn't get 10-12" of snow all winter and most of that was in 1-2" falls. Probably a blessing in disguise with the Great Lakes nearing or exceeding all time records for high water.

Next week should be a bit warmer, looks like 50's - 60's and some sun, so I just get the old girl out as well. Gas is cheap right now so it would be nice to put some through her.

Thanks to all for the fun comments.

Geoff.

Ya, this spring really sucks, again! Woke up to snow on the ground yesterday, it’s been snowing on and off all day today. Supposed to get some more tomorrow, but at least not much more than an inch or so. Could be worse but it’s getting old. We’re on the lockdown right now anyway, but next week does look warmer.

John - 72 Q Code

Ya, this spring really sucks, again! Woke up to snow on the ground yesterday, it’s been snowing on and off all day today. Supposed to get some more tomorrow, but at least not much more than an inch or so. Could be worse but it’s getting old. We’re on the lockdown right now anyway, but next week does look warmer.

Same for us here too.

Geoff.

Friends, may I suggest the following. Strap a snow shovel to the roof of your car and start driving south. Listen to what people say as you stop for a rest or to re-fuel. When someone asks what is strapped to the roof of your car, you are far enough south and should look for work and a home. It worked for me. FROM Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Happily situated in Oklahoma for 35 years. Full disclosure, we do get snow but not very much, the fun kind. Chuck

I don't envy you guys with that weather. Here's the view from my shed door this morning. Over a week of this weather so far, temp mid to high 20's Celsius. Great for bodywork and painting.

20200417-095010.jpg

• Like 1

The weather sucks in Detroit . More snow in the forecast for tomorrow.  One positive thing is I filled my tank for 20 bucks. I bought gas at Sams Club for 99 cents a gallon. 

Stay healthily  everyone!

John J

We had 3" or 4" in NE Kansas but very wet snow. It registered 3/4" of rain. Roads were warm enough that all highways were clear by 6:00 AM.

At 10:00 last night when i went to bed it was sleeting a lot and it was the size of BB's.

We had 3" or 4" in NE Kansas but very wet snow. It registered 3/4" of rain. Roads were warm enough that all highways were clear by 6:00 AM.

At 10:00 last night when i went to bed it was sleeting a lot and it was the size of BB's.

It's coming our way, supposed to here around noon. 

I've had enough already!

Geoff.

Well it snowed a bit, but has stopped now. We got lucky, barely measurable. Now it can F off and get warm!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, now there are huge fluffy snowflakes coming down. Looks lovely but......

Geoff.

• 3 weeks later...

Summer is never gonna get here!!! Snowing in May!!

F8298977-2-A0-F-4-BCE-9480-5-B3751723-C17.jpg

Sucks doesn't it. it snowed lightly here yesterday. Today's temp is down to 32, going to maybe 40 later, SUCKS!!

Geoff.

Summer is never gonna get here!!! Snowing in May!!

F8298977-2-A0-F-4-BCE-9480-5-B3751723-C17.jpg

Nice deck.

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg