My question is could I swap an 8.8 rear end in my mustang?

I have the ability to get a 8.8 rear end from a 2011ish muatang gt

My mustang doesn't have any drum brakes in the back (they are gone idk why)

I plan on doing a disk brake upgrade in the back 

Would it be worth it and how would I set up the leaf springs?

Thank you in advance and sorry if there's another thread about this i couldn't find one.

There’s a couple threads on this but using an 8.8 out of a Ford Explorer. They already come with disc brakes, 3.73 gears, posi and 31 spline axles. I did this swap over 10 years ago and it’s still going strong even with close to 600hp. I will see if I can find the threads and post up later. Pretty easy swap and rim bolt pattern stays same.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

There’s a couple threads on this but using an 8.8 out of a Ford Explorer. They already come with disc brakes, 3.73 gears, posi and 31 spline axles. I did this swap over 10 years ago and it’s still going strong even with close to 600hp. I will see if I can find the threads and post up later. Pretty easy swap and rim bolt pattern stays same.

Thats awesome your mustang is sick, what year explorer did you use and thank you for the help.

Thats awesome your mustang is sick, what year explorer did you use and thank you for the help.

Thanks. If I remember correctly my rear end was out of an 05 Eplorer Sport Trac. Heres a couple of link below to do some reading. If you have any other questions let me know. 

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-rear-end-suspension-and-wheels

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Explorer8_8.shtml

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.