Decklidd and 1/4 Cap Stripes - Wan to buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
Looking for a source for the rear stripes in Argent.  Just the ones for the decklid and 1/4 panel caps.  I screwed up my install on the trunk stripe, so I need to get a new one.  I want to make sure that the 3 pieces for the rear are a match set.

I know Ford had a stripe kit that was the 2 fender  Mach 1 Logos, the trunk Mach 1 logo, and the decklid/1/4  cap stripes.  I checked a few sites last night and could not find the stripes packaged like that.

Where is the best place to buy an OEM quality partial stripe kit or find this decklid stripe kit in argent?

kcmash

Try Graphic Express in Florida.

However with all this C-19 shit going on, you may have to wait regardless.

www.graphic-express.com
True - that should get'cha what'cha need. Good Call, Geoff.

They did the cool kit side stripes for my wife's 2015 Camaro.  We asked for a special cut of black carbon fiber vinyl for the large stripes (to match the hood spears and mirror trim) and it only ran about $15 more than the standard colors they offered.  Quality products! ::thumb::

In fact, here's the trunk stripe all by itself: https://www.graphic-express.com/ford-motor-co/1964-78-mustang-restoration/mach-1-mustang/1971-mach-1/1971-72-mustang-mach-1-trunk-lid-stripe-kit.html

I just tried to get to Ohio Mustang Supply, but it wouldn't come up for me.

National Parts Depot also has the kit you were talking about: https://www.npdlink.com/product/stripe-set-mach-1-argent-fender-mach-1/103433/209628

If you're needing to save a few bucks, I'll go halfsies with you and keep the Mach 1 stickers (I have an idea for a cool computer case). ;)
So I saw that Kit last night and that one scares me.

1) I do not recognize he brand at all.  Decal Magic sounds like an Asian import.

2) In the picture of the stripes they show, the trunk decal has an obvious taper from center outward.  That looks to me like bad or incorrect artwork.

I would be willing to split a cost and a decal set if you wish.  All I really need is a trunk lid stripe, but if there is any variance in color or artwork on the new stripes I am better off having a matched 3 piece set.

I think I will call Phoenix Graphics and Graphics express to see if they will sell what I need instead of the whole set.  Yep, I am trying to save money.

kcmash

I ordered the 3 piece set from Phoenix Graphics for $29.  So I will not have any spare logo decals.

kcmash

I ordered the 3 piece set from Phoenix Graphics for $29.  So I will not have any spare logo decals.

kcmash
Hope they're made on original grade 3M material that Graphic Express uses. I have no knowledge of Phoenix Graphics, not heard of them before.

I bought set for mine back in 2013 from NPD and they were total crap, too thin and glue spots missing. However, to be fair, I have no idea who made those for NPD.

Price isn't everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you found what you need.

I don't recall where I got my decals/stripes from, to be honest.  I know I bought a lot of things from OMS, NPD & CJPP in quick progression spring 2014 to get mine back together after getting it back from paint.

All I do know is that I didn't have any issues with mine using the decal mounting gel I ordered with them.  In fact, I used that same gel stuff to do the stripes on both Camaros (full length stripe sets) and STILL have some left.  ;)

kcmash
Hope they're made on original grade 3M material that Graphic Express uses. I have no knowledge of Phoenix Graphics, not heard of them before.

I bought set for mine back in 2013 from NPD and they were total crap, too thin and glue spots missing. However, to be fair, I have no idea who made those for NPD.

Price isn't everything.
I  agree that price isn't everything.  I have read a lot of good about Phoenix Graphics on line.  I think they were comparable with pricing to Graphics Express.  I was concerned about G-Express calling the color Argent Silver Metallic.  No one was there to answer questions on the phone.  Phoenix Graphics answered my color questions and advertise OEM equivalent quality.  

I hope I made a good choice.  I guess I will know soon.

kcmash

Well I am ultra frustrated now.  I did the 3 rear end decals from Phoenix Graphics.  Same cut of vinyl, same soapy solution, same squeegee and I can’t get the passengers cap decal to adhere well enough to remove the backing.  put it on 3 days ago.

Hiring a professional to come finish the stripes tomorrow.

Back