Anyone running TCP sway bars?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galucha

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe 302
In the never ending quest to make my car feel less "boaty" I'm looking at doing front/rear sway bar upgrades. Mine didn't come with the competition suspension, so if I go with a stock style sway bar I think I'll need to track down the correct mounting plates, but I saw this on TCP's website and it looks pretty tempting.

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/arrm.html

Can anyone comment on the quality/adjustability of these? And is it worth going this route over the stock style sway bar?

Autoedit has them on his car, but he has their whole suspension setup as well. I know he is pleased with their products though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at TCP Panhard bar as well. I have Maier's leaf springs and apparently they dont recommend using a sway bar with their springs and Panhard.

The picture of TCPs sway bar make it look very small, does any one know the diameter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am looking at TCP Panhard bar as well. I have Maier's leaf springs and apparently they dont recommend using a sway bar with their springs and Panhard.

The picture of TCPs sway bar make it look very small, does any one know the diameter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
From what I can tell it's 3/4". I'm thinking running it with a 1 1/8" front sway bar should keep things balanced.

Back