Walnut Door trim panel

Finally getting around to the interior fixs.  I have the door panel walnut trim panels. What can be used to replace the walnut vinyl contact paper? I thought about using Formica and cutting it to fit. it would be virtually indestructible. However they want 80-90 bucks a sheet and all I need is 1 foot of it.

Anyone know of a pre-cut/die cut for the door trim also the console gauge pack.

Thanks for your help.

Rod and Sally

deluxe-door-trim.jpg

I made a template and bought walnut vinyl on-line for the door inserts. The gauge pod is impossible to make and I wasted money on an aftermarket precut piece of vinyl. I ended up buying all new dash bezels from Don at Ohio Mustang Supply. Chuck

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply.

Do you have the Manufacture # of the vinyl you bought. I bought some and it was really cheap stuff and the color didnt match the picture. I probably could buy it several times to no avail.

You said you bought a pre cut for the gauge cluster? why did it not work out? was it cut wrong and didnt fit?

Got my dash bezels from Don of OMS with vinyl installed.

Still have originals  but don't know what to do with them,

somewhat banged up.

For the door panels I used www.rvinyl.com

mike

Thanks Mike for the reply.

I did look up Rvinyl looks like they do have some good stuff on there. Do you remember what color vinyl you went with?

• 2 weeks later...

somewhat banged up.

mike

Just a follow up on your lead for rvinyl. I ordered the vinyl and installed it tonight. Very nice stuff. They turned out good not perfect,  I love the color even better than O.E. If you zoom in you can even see and feel the wood grain :-) 

Thank you for your help! the way I see it........ you saved me 200 bucks for something else on the car.door-trim-panel.jpg

• Like 2

Looks good.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

somewhat banged up.

mike

Just a follow up on your lead for rvinyl. I ordered the vinyl and installed it tonight. Very nice stuff. They turned out good not perfect,  I love the color even better than O.E. If you zoom in you can even see and feel the wood grain :-) 

Thank you for your help! the way I see it........ you saved me 200 bucks for something else on the car.door-trim-panel.jpg

Good.  Yes not perfect but good enough.  Did they send a sample or did you choose from

a catalogue?  One thing I remember is the pins that hold the panel in place are very fragile.

Good job.

mike

spacer.png

somewhat banged up.

mike

Good.  Yes not perfect but good enough.  Did they send a sample or did you choose from

a catalog ?  One thing I remember is the pins that hold the panel in place are very fragile.

Good job.

mike

I sent them a sample instead. When they got it they told me they couldn't pick a vinyl due to liability.  They eventually did, took some begging.

I repaired the panel pins with a old license plate cut into strips and bonded with J.B weld. Just bend them into a 90 degree and insert into existing hole. Easy peasy.

Some Odd stuff on the door panels. I took some pictures for all to see. I believe the panels are the originals to the car. I dont believe they were replaced at any time. It looked completely undisturbed in there. Also the written #s on the panels appear to be a pair? Reject panels??? 

Some one tell me how to get rid of a posted picture?? Last photo was a boo boo :-)  Side kick dog likes pictures taken of her. 

door-panel-1.jpgdoor-panel-2.jpgdoor-panel.jpg

[/url]anchor-for-weather-strip-on-door.jpg

a catalog ?  One thing I remember is the pins that hold the panel in place are very fragile.

Good job.

mike

I sent them a sample instead. When they got it they told me they couldn't pick a vinyl due to liability.  They eventually did, took some begging.

I repaired the panel pins with a old license plate cut into strips and bonded with J.B weld. Just bend them into a 90 degree and insert into existing hole. Easy peasy.

Some Odd stuff on the door panels. I took some pictures for all to see. I believe the panels are the originals to the car. I dont believe they were replaced at any time. It looked completely undisturbed in there. Also the written #s on the panels appear to be a pair? Reject panels??? 

Some one tell me how to get rid of a posted picture?? Last photo was a boo boo :-)  Side kick dog likes pictures taken of her. 

I like that, send them a sample!  Would have never thought that.

Good fix on the pins, they break off.

Just open your posting and pick "edit" at the bottom of the screen and

delete the picture.

mike

spacer.png

Good job.

mike

Some one tell me how to get rid of a posted picture?? Last photo was a boo boo :-)  Side kick dog (LUCY) likes pictures taken of her. Follows me all day long.

I like that, send them a sample!  Would have never thought that.

Good fix on the pins, they break off.

Just open your posting and pick "edit" at the bottom of the screen and

delete the picture.

mike

Went to edit but no delete photo button. There is a add image button. Man........ this computer stuff takes more time than fixing the car. Sorry....... first forum Ive attempted.

somewhat banged up.

mike

They look really nice!

Could you post the product name/number?

Mike

somewhat banged up.

mike

They look really nice!

Could you post the product name/number?

Mike

rcraft wod-009 oak (royal)  RVINYL

Looks fantastic. Those aluminum tabs are a pain. Some of them break the first time you bend them. I was going to try using a heat gun next time I work on one to see if I can stress relieve the metal.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David