1972 Ford Mustang THE BAD ASS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I wish they’d loosen/raise those hood locks. I hate to see the cratering of the hood around them. 

It’s not really my style of restomod, and it sure seems waaaaay over-priced, but can I sheepishly admit I don’t totally hate the rear spoiler?

As well I don't mind the idea behind the rear spoiler but maybe a little more subtle and better fit and finish. My biggest issue is the front looks too unfinished or poor craftsmanship around the headlights and top of the grill.

Its got the super rare 350 Cleveland
I thought that was only urban legend.  lol  The 350 was only produced for a few days, and then they went to the 351 cubic inch size that we all know and love.  It is typed in the ad several places, and you'd think a car guy would know the correct engine size.  That has to be about the worst case I have seen of the hood locks being too tight.  Black really brings it out.  The ad says "high performance carbs" with an "s".  The 351C can be a deep breather but I'm not sure it needs multiple carbs, although he wouldn't be the first.  I get it, the completely blacked-out sinister vibe.  Sometimes when a car is personalized this much it can be a tough sell.  $59K is only the buy it now price and he'll be lucky to get half of that.  Being eBay, the first few joke buyers will back out.

Just another example of someone having a dream and overpaying to get it completed. He now will try sell to re-coupe the $$$.

How about spending the extra quarter for matching screws in the passenger side door mirror......

Thanks. Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, for 59k what am I missing here.

Your daily dose of derp-derp. I pretty much check out when the "bad ass" comments come in or the skulls show up. And FFS, *clean* the lense of your cell phone before taking pics or video.

You build such a car to your own personal taste.... Not sure how they come up with this price, but, as one who likes them factory original; I will say this has some nice touches. Just not $59K’s worth IMO.

The pricing seems to be in line with most collector cars listed on ebay, (Double what it might bring on a good day).

Have to agree with 73pony on the fit and finish of the front. He cut away the internal structure of the grille causing it to sag and used 5 3/4" headlights instead of the stock 7" leaving the unsightly gap.

The Covid-19 era is not the best time to try and sell a highly-personalized musclecar. Prices will be falling for all collector cars. On another site I visit there is a beautifully done '78 Trans Am which is all blacked out just like this Mustang. It is a best of the best type of car with '70 400 block, '69 heads, upgraded suspension, etc. Went from $35K to $23K already, and it will likely drop further before selling (if it sells at all).

Back