Do I have a NOS dash lens?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
When I got my Mach 1 in February it came with a box of parts, mostly seats, folding rear seat (which I cannot sue) and a bunch of dash parts.  Just going thru it today I found this box and wondering if I have a NOS dash lens?  Box was mailed in 1981, cost a whopping $12.00 (worth more now I hope).  Lens looks to be unused but it was open at the top and had a lot of dust inside.  I tried to clean it very carefully but needs a full polish.  Trip meter button looks like it has never been pushed, inside of button where it pushes has a tad of surface ruse due to age I guess.  My lens in the car is in pretty good shape so not sure what I will do with this one, hoping this is a NOS one, your thoughts??  

image hosting

Last edited by a moderator:
jscott,

Protect that like it is gold, Cause it is!! That is a D1ZZ-10887-E which is a speedometer lens for an instrument cluster with a tachometer. The only cluster that has the resettable trip meter.

A very reliable source informed me that there were some of these made a few months back but there were some problems with the finished product and not up to his quality standards. So technically there still are no repos of these on the market. I have a NOS  lens and I can promise you it is in a safe space (If I could only remember where that was)!   :whistling:

If you don't need it for yourself you could definitely sell it and make your money back several times.

I'll offer $14 for it, giving you a very tidy profit indeed!

Back