Edelbrock AVS 2 ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Hi

Ive been Reading a lot of good stuff about this carb. Has anybody changed from a Holley DP or other carb and noticed an improvment ? How is tuning of it ?

Regards Rob

Hi

Ive been Reading a lot of good stuff about this carb. Has anybody changed from a Holley DP or other carb and noticed an improvment ? How is tuning of it ?

Regards Rob
 Did you check out the video's in "For all you Edlebrock fans" 

They're a bit lame, but you might find them interesting.

Hi

Regards Rob

Ohh sorry missed that. Thanks :)

Hi

Regards Rob

Looked at the videos, the AVS 2 video is advertising. I wanted user facts about the AVS 2 :)

Hi

Regards Rob

Looked at the videos, the AVS 2 video is advertising. I wanted user facts about the AVS 2 :)
 I'm sure there are videos on YouTube for that info. Sorry if that was not what you were looking for. I may have another link to that carb that I did not post. I'll take a look and get back to you.

The guy in those Edelbrock videos makes my head hurt. Where TF is he coming up with "600ft/lbs of torque" out of a small block Chevy???

I've done the college try with Edelbrock. I had several on various cars over the years. I drank the kool-aid, I bought the rebuild and tuning kits. I ran a air fuel ratio meter and burned up lots of time tuning and tweaking. In the end, I packed all that $hit up, took pics and sold the whole pile of stuff on eBay to some other poor slob. Took that money and bought myself a couple new Holleys and never looked back.

IMO, if you're looking for an easy to tune performance carburetor for a Ford - Edelbrock ain't it.

Most Holley DP out of the box are rich, by design. I've run a variety of the old school 477x models. I had a 600DP on my 73 crew cab dually. Ran a 800DPs on several 351C-4V engines that were mostly hot cam & header swaps. I've never had any major issues with any Holley, even the stuff that I bought at swap meets.

The guy in those Edelbrock videos makes my head hurt. Where TF is he coming up with "600ft/lbs of torque" out of a small block Chevy???

I've done the college try with Edelbrock. I had several on various cars over the years. I drank the kool-aid, I bought the rebuild and tuning kits. I ran a air fuel ratio meter and burned up lots of time tuning and tweaking. In the end, I packed all that $hit up, took pics and sold the whole pile of stuff on eBay to some other poor slob. Took that money and bought myself a couple new Holleys and never looked back.

IMO, if you're looking for an easy to tune performance carburetor for a Ford - Edelbrock ain't it.

Most Holley DP out of the box are rich, by design. I've run a variety of the old school 477x models. I had a 600DP on my 73 crew cab dually. Ran a 800DPs on several 351C-4V engines that were mostly hot cam & header swaps. I've never had any major issues with any Holley, even the stuff that I bought at swap meets.
+1

I'm sure there are videos on YouTube for that info. Sorry if that was not what you were looking for. I may have another link to that carb that I did not post. I'll take a look and get back to you.
No problems thanks :)

No sorry, just more advertising. 

General consensus seems to lean away from Edelbrock carbs on Fords, but your choice.

No sorry, just more advertising. 

General consensus seems to lean away from Edelbrock carbs on Fords, but your choice.
Im running an 750 dp and for now it will stay there :)

Back