Hello from Las Vegas

Chrisnvegas

20200420-190632.jpg20200423-004301.jpg20200423-004410.jpg20200423-004324.jpg

I have had this for a few years. Originally I was going to flip it but it's nice to drive. Very cushy and comfortable.

I guess these are the Mustangs that "Mustang people" don't like, but everyone else sure does.

It attracts a crowd wherever it is! Not inconspicuous.

• Like 2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from South West Germany. 

Nice ride! 

Franj

• Like 1

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Welcome from Iowa. Nice Mach!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Oregon (from a former Las Vegas area resident). Nice looking car.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from NC!  Great car. I totally agree; some (not all) of the early Mustang enthusiasts have hang-ups about these models, but everyone else goes nuts when they see them “in the wild” and I especially like how many younger people react who had no idea these models existed.

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

Nice, Mach One's you guys.

This was an old man's baby. Unfortunately, he passed. His wife was putting it up for sale and I heard about it & thought the price was right. (around 10,000) To her it was an "old car"

I went to see it, wow, these cars grab you in person! I took her home. it was dusty from sitting while the man fought his illness. The gas smelled a bit old too. It ran ok, idled a bit rough.

I drained the fuel, changed the plugs and added ethanol-free fuel. Ran perfect.

I didn't know these were SO COMFORTABLE! The ride is not harsh, seats are comfy.

There is something about this generation. Purists (I use the term loosely) tend to not like them? (jealous?)

But most everyone else really does.

I went to a car show. Not to enter my Mustang, as a spectator. The person doing the parking had me follow him. He had me park it in the front of the car show. There were no Mach Ones. I went walking around looking at the cars, The Mach One had a CROWD around it much of the time.

I'm sure you guys agree, only drive it if:

1. You are not in a hurry

2. If you don't mind talking to people

• Like 1

It has a stock looking interior with the stock radio, and the real sound system is hidden in the trunk.

The interior is pretty good.

Are these the right seats?

20200423-011501.jpg

Welcome from NC!  Great car. I totally agree; some (not all) of the early Mustang enthusiasts have hang-ups about these models, but everyone else goes nuts when they see them “in the wild” and I especially like how many younger people react who had no idea these models existed.

$10k...WOW! Fantastic deal for that car. 4V or 2V?

Stock 2 bbl.

Runs really strong though.

I pretty much putt around anyway.

• Like 1

It's a desert car so no rust. The body is still solid.

The only thing I have to fix is the brake lights. The regular lights work and the turn signals work. No brake lights.

I guess I'll replace the switch and take it from there. It looks like the original.

All the glass is original except the windshield. It has a date code of Feb 1977. It's a LOF and the rest are Carlite. I think LOF was a GM supplier.

• Like 1