Brake Release handle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone could take a picture of their brake release handle or provide some measurements of the height and width.. or maybe could take a picture with a ruler under it for reference.  Below is the billet one that is available.. not even sure if this is correct.

I have the depth from what was left of my broken handle

I'm looking to design and 3d print a replacement.  

Thanks

Stay safe

Chris

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone could take a picture of their brake release handle or provide some measurements of the height and width.. or maybe could take a picture with a ruler under it for reference.  Below is the billet one that is available.. not even sure if this is correct.

I have the depth from what was left of my broken handle

I'm looking to design and 3d print a replacement.  

Thanks

Stay safe

Chris

I have a 73 in the garage.  I can go take some shots if that handle is the same for all years.  i.e. if you have a different year you might need someone with a 71 or 72.

here you go.  Ruler and micrometer.  The length is just shy of 1 1/2 inches.  The micrometer has it as slightly less.  Also got the height and took a measurement midway down the curve of the handle.  

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jeff

Brake release handle 6.jpg

Brake release handle 3.jpg

Brake release handle 4.jpg

Brake release handle 2.jpg

brake release handle 1.jpg

Brake release handle 5.jpg

here you go.  Ruler and micrometer.  The length is just shy of 1 1/2 inches.  The micrometer has it as slightly less.  Also got the height and took a measurement midway down the curve of the handle.  

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jeff
Perfect.. Thanks  I'll post once completed.
Looking forward to seeing the finished version.

That is amazing! Close, but notice how the top frontal part is angled in? I have an NOS one that had the silver paint wear off before it was even installed. If I can find it, would you like me to send it to you to get an exact match. The cost would be 5 of the ones you produce, and a break on the price of the rest lollerz

That is amazing! Close, but notice how the top frontal part is angled in? I have an NOS one that had the silver paint wear off before it was even installed. If I can find it, would you like me to send it to you to get an exact match. The cost would be 5 of the ones you produce, and a break on the price of the rest lollerz
Thanks.  If you have one that would be great. PM me if you locate it.  I wasn’t planning on selling, but would be glad to print one out for anyone who needs one. 

Chris

Back