special 72 mach build for Joey Logano

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
Did anyone see the Car Kings show last night?  A 72 mach one was built for Joey Logano. He takes around for some laps. 

Its under You tube Car kings Mach 22. They talk up our 71-73 stangs a bunch.

Enjoy  :D

That episode was from a couple weeks ago, actually (normally, the new ones air on Monday nights).

There's also another thread floating around as well.  I had made my comments and was told I was being too critical about it, so I'll just say [again] that I really liked the car and leave it at that.   :whistling:

That episode was from a couple weeks ago, actually (normally, the new ones air on Monday nights).

There's also another thread floating around as well.  I had made my comments and was told I was being too critical about it, so I'll just say [again] that I really liked the car and leave it at that.   :whistling:
I didnt know there was another thread about the car? Otherwise I wouldn't of posted a new thread. I did look over that other thread and read it in its entirety. 

Your comments mister 4x4 where factual and to the point. I also immediately questioned the 180 H.P comment from the builders ???

Wasnt it actually 240 h.p? Someone making a full build on a T.V show should know that info and NOT mis inform about it.

Honestly there are many, many folks on here who know way more about these cars than the folks on the show building it. That in turn makes our eye brows go hi into our foreheads and say WT#$%. We become disturbed when they mis inform the audience because........ we love our cars and spread good word of them daily.  We dislike people acting like they know everything about our cars and cant even tell you what Horse power the engine was stock.

All in all the program brought more folks knowledge of our GREAT cars, and thats a good thing. My wife Sally watched and said why the mach 22 ? Told her I didnt know? not 15 seconds later she says I bet that is his car #.. Bless her heart figuring out stuff I just dont care about. 

:thankyouyellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if they started with a Q code or H code 351. The stock HP on the H code 351 was 177 HP in 1972. In 1971 is was 240 HP. Just saying since they built a 1972.

I will say I liked the car but, if I had to work wit that GM from Galpin Ford one of us would not have seen the car finished. He just rubs me wrong just by looking at him..

Not sure if they started with a Q code or H code 351. The stock HP on the H code 351 was 177 HP in 1972. In 1971 is was 240 HP. Just saying since they built a 1972.
My 71 351c is what Im probably remembering at 240hp.

My 71 351c is what Im probably remembering at 240hp.
I think the confusing part was when Joey said he wanted a '71 Mach 1, but they went with a '72.  Even so, I don't think the HP drop is actually as bad as it sounds, considering they switched to 'net' horsepower ratings in '72 (however they figured THAT out differently than before).

It's a little hard to know if that car was an H-Code or not, or even a Mach 1 for that matter without knowing the VIN, considering the obvious restoration efforts that had taken place ("untouched," indeed).  If the Ram Air package actually came with the car, then it should be an H-Code - it even had the right 351C-2V stickers on the air cleaner (which I would hope someone wouldn't fudge that just to say it came from the factory with Ram Air, but we've all seen stranger things ;) ).

I'll give the benefit of doubt and think it was a legit H-Code, with the restoration/previous owner going a little nuts with the extra options like a lot of folks do when they just want to see certain things on these cars (stripes AND rocker trim... anybody?).  It would've been a little disappointing if they'd completely modded out a nice R- or Q-Code car because of their collectability potential, but since H-Codes were more plentiful, they're understandably 'valued' lower.

Overall, I still like what they did!  The exposure is good press for the cars (despite the back-handed comments about being 'so much bigger'), and I hope that just means a few more might get saved.

Back