Hello from Victoria B.C. Canada

A_mycholuk

I found this forum awhile ago but haven't done an introduction yet. I recently acquired my late fathers 71 mach 1 which i have wanted for the past 30yrs but under different circumstances. Once i dig it out from the garbage pile in the garage and fix the ignition/steering column issue i cant wait to take it for a drive. Car has 351c 2v heads, .272 isky cam, edlebrock intake, holley 650 carb, 3:83 gears with 9" posi, fmx with shift kit and coil overs on all four corners. 20200424-151044.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome from Houston Texas! Patience and perseverance! Good Luck!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from west Michigan. I'm sorry for your loss. How long has the car been sitting?

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from Niagara, Ontario. Sorry for your loss, I’m sure your father would be happy to see you get the car on the road again. I acquired this Vert out of Victoria, BC in 2017. Sold by the local Ford dealer there in ‘73, owned by a local Doctor and even a former BC Governor General... Enjoy the Mach!6-E4-A0208-271-A-49-F9-92-C2-EE047-C2-D1-AD4.jpg

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

Welcome from Iowa. Sorry for your loss. Looks like a nice and car and sounds like a blast to drive.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Sorry for the loss of your father, I just lost my dad too, so I feel your pain. Nice looking car! Hope you can get it back on the road soon.

John - 72 Q Code

Hello and welcome from SW Ontario. 

I too am sorry for your loss. However you can remember your Dad every time you take that baby out for a drive.

It looks like a really nice car.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome from your "neighbor" in Calgary. Great to hear you can carry on your fathers focus. I suspect he would be very glad. Post some pics when it is out and about.

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

Welcome, no worry about getting started. Mine sat around neglected >20 years. Got it started with a little care. Bypass fuel tank, pulled plugs, fresh oil, pull distro to spun the engine to get some engine oil into heads. Course I needed carb redo. You may be ok. Good luck ! O yea battery :)

Welcome,  no worry about getting started.  Mine sat around neglected  >20 years.  Got it started with a little care.  Bypass fuel tank, pulled plugs, fresh oil, pull distro to spun the engine to get some engine oil into heads.  Course I  needed carb redo.  You may be ok.  Good luck !  O yea battery :)

Almost fired up today, low fuel pressure going to un hook the fuel line tomorrow and blow it out and throw a red top optima in and just keep cranking!