Trunk and door alignment

It does look like you are gaining some. I could not see the air vent holes in the gasket on your trunk. Original gaskets and the better replacements have air vent holes so that the trunk shuts easier. Most people slammed them shut so Ford put holes in the tube to let air out. You can heat up a round nail of something and melt them. Here is pic you can see them in an original gasket.DSC-0953.jpg

Thanks for the info.  I'll do yet this weekend.  Trunk is closing fine but wouldn't hurt to have the gasket correct.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in garage looking for a Mach 1 trunk lid for someone. I have a couple and like 3 for a vert. When I was looking at them I noticed something. It looks like the pulled or pushed on the two fasteners for the hinge to the lid. Some have bulges and some are flat. I think the moved the material to align the lids. I will get pics off phone tomorrow to better show. I did have two totally rust free fastback trunks in the stash one with spoiler holes the other none. One was a Zeibart has a plug on each side where the sprayed sealer inside.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David