Dan Williams Toploader

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
So, today was my first experience with talking to Dan Williams, had to order a rebuild kit for my toploader. I have to say, everything I've read about him is pretty much true. He can talk and talk and talk and....

Well, you get the idea. My kit is on the way and hopefully I can get it back together this weekend.

He is a great guy and sells good parts. You must allow an hour plus to talk to him. It is not an old age thing. He was that way in the late 1980s. I thought he had closed shop. I guess not. Chuck

He is a car guy and will never quit work completely. He use to build the aluminum cases for the toploader for the racers. He knows ever model and every part. At one time I think he had one of the real 427 Mustangs that they say never were but are out there. 

When this virus is over I might drive out and visit. The drive to Franklin, N.C. from here can be fun if you take Hwy. 64 through the mountains. Take the vert top down and have fun.

Back