New member from Edmonds, WA. 1973 Mach1

Hi all. Long time lurker but have finally signed up!

My car is a 1973 Mach 1 H-code with C-6 trans. Wimbledon white exterior/ginger interior. Factory AC car. I bought it from the original owner in 1986 with 30k miles, current mileage 57k. Had the car repainted in 1990 mainly due to the fact that it came with the 3/4 vinyl top (in Ginger!) that was frankly hideous. Had the black out paint on the hood added at that time. Car originally came with 14" steel wheels with the dog dish/trim ring combo which I've replaced with Magnums (still have the originals).

Received a ton of paperwork from original owner at time of sale including all the dealer paperwork (originally sold in Livonia MI, my hometown), receipts for the undercoating he had done after purchase, etc....he even still had the starting instruction sleeve that came on the visor. Two months after he bought it he moved to California and the car went with him. It remained there until 1986 when he had it hauled to Plymouth, Michigan (where I lived at the time) while he attended his sisters wedding. As he intended to sell the car, his thought was he could get a better price in Michigan vs California. I spotted the ad in the classifieds of the Detroit News and the rest is history.

Things I've added to the car:

Front spoiler

Rear spoiler

The aforementioned Magnums (15")

All of the above were purchased at the local Ford dealer around 1987 and I kept all the boxes. One of the advantages of living in the Metro Detroit area at that time is that you could still find parts like this at several dealers. On the Magnums, I ran the part number a few years ago and they look as if they were intended for a Boss 351.

Things I've modified on the car:

Upgraded brake calipers/rotors (factory front disc/rear drum car)

Quicker ratio steering box

Much bigger sway bars

Upgraded shocks

Upgraded A arms/overall suspension upgrade/rebuild

Edelbrock performer intake/AVS carb upgrade

This is a fantastic site and I'm looking forward to actually participating more rather than continuing to lurk!

thanks all!

JeffDSCF0119.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome from Houston, TX! Sweet ride and a lot of hard work. She looks great!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Nice looking car. Welcome from Iowa.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Nice looking car. Welcome from Oregon.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from Ohio. Good looking ride and nice upgrades.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Welcome from Idaho Neighbor :-)

My 71 mach is Wimbledon white, with Vermilion red interior. Appreciate the picture and story!

Rod

Welcome from west Michigan.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Hello and Welcome from Cali.

Great looking ride.

Bru

Welcome from a fellow Northwesterner :)  Nice looking Mustang! It's great to have all that history with your car.

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

Welcome from north Seattle! We're almost neighbors. We should have a meet up with things calm down a bit. Great looking Mach.

Scott

• 4 months later...

Thank you all for the warm welcome and my sincere apologies for just now responding/getting back on the forum. Long story short, I was in the middle of a three month thrash to get my other ride ready for a 600+ mile trip. Not another Mach 1 unfortunately...its a 1973 Buick Riviera.

thanks again!

Welcome from Eastern MO

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew