Stripes for 73 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
Looking for a photo of a 73 convertible with side stripes. I ordered them form graphics designs in FL. I want to make sure I get the placement right.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a photo of a 73 convertible with side stripes. I ordered them form graphics designs in FL. I want to make sure I get the placement right.

John J
 John, the placement will be the same for any 71-72 Mustang. I take it you're talking about the "Hockey Stripe" not the 73 version.

I think I have some detail pictures of placement if that's the case. Let me know.

My came from the factory with the decor package and the stripe options. These are the originals. When I applied them I worked from the ends to the door. Once I had both ends correctly positioned, I struck a straight line from end to end. Then applied the ends making sure they were level with the line. Then I applied the pieces in front and behind the door and then the door. The door stripe is the most difficult because it is long and tends to sag in the middle, but be care not to stretch it too much to eliminate the sag. Allow for some overhang on the ends to wrap the stripe around the door panel edges.

Make sure you use a good decal application solution. Wet the car and the stripe good before applying. It will enable you to move/adjust the stripe a bit for a minute or so after application.

If you're looking for 73 Mach I stripes.

PLEASE - no Mach 1 decals on a convertible.  Too many machverts out there now.

I went with the 73 stripes because I have the exterior side molding. I think it came out well. I now have to put the mustang badges back on.

John J

mustang  stripe 2.jpg

mustang stripe1.jpeg

Back