Looking at a 72 Mustang

JimmyR

My uncle and I will be looking at a 72 Mustang grande right after the pandemic. It belongs to an old couple and needs some TLC for sitting for years. I searched around the net for info and that's how I found you. Gonna lurk around

• Like 1

Welcome from West Texas!

Stay safe and healthy, and good luck with it - hope it works out for you, and be sure to share pics... we love pics!  Of course we can 'read' too, but pictures are always cool!  :whistling:

rofl

• Like 1

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Welcome from Iowa. Hope the purchase works out for you.

• Like 1

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Be sure and do your research on here, Mustangs have rust in all the wrong places. There are some good one's but there can be lots of hidden also.

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome from Ohio, and good luck with the project.

• Like 1

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Lift the carpets and check for rust!,

Take a torch and shine it into the cowl area and check for rot / rust!

Check for rust under the battery tray area.

If the car has A/C Check to see weather it's been converted to run on R134 / R134a

Check bottom of Heater box passenger side, make sure there is an S shape tube attached to the bottom corner of the fibreglass heater box, they sometimes break off and then the water from the A/C evaporator will rot out the floor pans.

Check all electricals, from Windscreen wipers, washer pump motor operation, interior lights, all other lights.

Check fluids for discolouration and levels.

Or do what I did, none of the above and now have a junk yard dog project!

• Like 1

Welcome from west Michigan. Enjoy your soon to be new project! Work on stopping and steering before acceleration!

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from west Michigan. Enjoy your soon to be new project! Work on stopping and steering before acceleration!

Thank you, sir! I will