Looking at a 72 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyR

Reaction score
My Car
Looking at a 72 Mustang as next project.
My uncle and I will be looking at a 72 Mustang grande right after the pandemic. It belongs to an old couple and needs some TLC for sitting for years. I searched around the net for info and that's how I found you. Gonna lurk around

Welcome from Central New York.

You found the best place for information/advice for the 71-73 mustangs, that's for sure.

Good luck with your purchase.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas!

Stay safe and healthy, and good luck with it - hope it works out for you, and be sure to share pics... we love pics!  Of course we can 'read' too, but pictures are always cool!  :whistling:

rofl

Lift the carpets and check for rust!,

Take a torch and shine it into the cowl area and check for rot / rust!

Check for rust under the battery tray area.

If the car has A/C Check to see weather it's been converted to run on R134 / R134a

Check bottom of Heater box passenger side, make sure there is an S shape tube attached to the bottom corner of the fibreglass heater box, they sometimes break off and then the water from the A/C evaporator will rot out the floor pans.

Check all electricals, from Windscreen wipers, washer pump motor operation, interior lights, all other lights.

Check fluids for discolouration and levels.

Or do what I did, none of the above and now have a junk yard dog project!

Thank you for the welcome folks. It will an exciting project and crossing the finger.

Back