new ignition

I must also say, their customer service is great. I asked Ted (the owner) about acquiring and additional male cap so I could swap my plugs over. I originally ordered my distributor with a female cap. He sent me one free of charge.

Jeff, would anything prevent you from simply removing the stock gear and pressing on your bronze gear?

Jason (71 Mach 1, 351C 4V, 4 Spd. Toploader, Grabber Blue)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they advise their shaft is incompatible, but that they are working to have a gear made, just no particular time frame. It could be possible that with a bit of machining it could be done, but that is too much money to spend on a maybe.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I wonder what is incompatible? Surely the OD of the shaft is the same as Ford OEM. But you never know. I bought a Daytona distributor and it would not engage the cam. The OD of the gear was too big. I went to put a Ford gear on it and the original gear just fell off went I took the roll pin out. It went back for a full refund with no problems. They were good to deal with and I really like their ignition box. Chuck