Choke Stove Gasket??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingb1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code-4 Spd. Owned for the last 40 years.
Need some helpful knowledge.

Working on a 73 351C-4V. Was wondering if where the choke stove mounts to the intake if there should be a gasket to seal this? I have looked several places and can't seem to find the part. I have seen ones for other applications and I see that if you buy an Edelbrock block-off plate there is a gasket. It seems something should be there. Is there a source, or am I looking for something that doesn't exist??

Hello, kingb1973,

Ford did not use a gasket for the heat stove on 2 or 4bl 351C engines. They did use a gasket for the 71/ 400 and 75/ 351M engines (D1AZ-9903-A), but they are shaped differently and will not work on the 351C intakes. None were on any of the 351 M and Q engines I have owned.  The D1AZ gasket was made of reinforced asbestos, so if you decide to make one that is the gasket material you will need. As long as the mating surfaces of the intake and heat stove are not warped or damaged, I would not be concerned about using a gasket there.

Hello, kingb1973,

Ford did not use a gasket for the heat stove on 2 or 4bl 351C engines. They did use a gasket for the 71/ 400 and 75/ 351M engines (D1AZ-9903-A), but they are shaped differently and will not work on the 351C intakes. None were on any of the 351 M and Q engines I have owned.  The D1AZ gasket was made of reinforced asbestos, so if you decide to make one that is the gasket material you will need. As long as the mating surfaces of the intake and heat stove are not warped or damaged, I would not be concerned about using a gasket there.
Excellent! Love when I can scratch something off the list without spending time or money.

Thanks

Back